Friday, March 11, 2011

I Feel So Sorry


I don't feel sorry for the people that inflict things that look bad onto others, but I do feel sorry for the other family members that have to live with someone's poor decision. I feel sorry for kids that live in a bright pink house that everyone calls the Pepto-Bismol House. There is a point where you are painting your house and you realize your color choice was a bad idea. At this point I'd just quit and start over, but many people figured they paid for all that paint so they are going to use it.

This also goes for art. I recently saw an art installation where I immediately thought, "This piece shouldn't be indoors. In fact it should be buried outdoors somewhere or at least become a burial marker for the idiot that bought it in the first place.

There is another statement art project put together by a dear acquaintance. When I first saw it I was shocked that so much effort went into something that looks like shit. To them I suppose it is like hanging their kids drawings on the refrigerator, but this was way worse. The intended message is lost in it's visual unpleasantness. I feel bad for all those who will have to endure this eye sore for the weeks to come.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Sometimes other peoples sense of taste is shocking and you just want to slap them silly and say "What were you thinking, you fool?" If someone is an artist and tries to make a statement and fails you can just say "Dude, that didn't work. It looks like crap." What really kills me are these artists that intentionally produce crap and call it art and when nobody likes it they all cry "You don't understand me." Stupid 'performance artists' who come up with crap like "25 pieces of crumpled paper in an empty room". What the snap? **slap** Are you a moron? **slap** Go to art school, jagoff! **slap** **slap**

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

I would disagree with you about the project you are speaking about. I think it's visually interesting. The fact that it evoked such a strong reaction with you, cemented the fact for me that it is indeed, art. :)

8:16 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, Dogs killing my chickens draws a strong reaction out of me so is that art? Fraid not, it just looks like shit and you are the first I've heard say they actually like it other than those who are supposed to like it.

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home