Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Welcome Back


My wife will return home today. She's been away for the last five months caring for her father who passed away on Saturday. She has been able to come home for a week twice while her siblings gave her a break and I was able to go down to visit her a couple times, but she was there for the long haul.

Five months is a long time to be away from your normal life. It was like a deployment where you pack up a few necessary items and you live in a strange land and fight battles you wouldn't normally be involved in.

I'm sure after a couple weeks of decompressing she will be back to a normal life around here with her friends and the activities she loves. I signed her up for a class she loves to take at the college. She will get to know our new chickens, and tackle the jungle in our greenhouse. It's nice getting back to ones own bed and bathroom and the things you know.

As for me, I didn't go feral in her absence. I did slip back into certain single man traits. I will have to give up my single mans diet of pizza and Hawaii Bowl microwave dinners. I'll be eating more fruits and salads again. I'll have to DVR some of my TV shows and watch them while she's doing other things, but other than that our lives will finally return to normal.

6 Comments:

Anonymous FLEE said...

...."I didn't go feral in her absence."


Well, I hope you at least tried.

7:45 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Feral beekeepers on horseback... Why are there no Youtube videos of this?

The two things I miss the most when I'm away are my computer and my own bed. Not necessarily in that order.

7:55 AM  
Blogger Trop said...

Condolences. I'm glad she's back and her long ordeal over. Hope you both settle back into your comfortable routines. Hugs to you both.

8:18 AM  
Blogger weese said...

let your wife know that we out here in the internets are thiking of her.
i know just what she went through. except at least i was close to home (tho i rarely actually went there) when my mom was sick.
peace.
(and i hope you picked up the pizza boxes before she got there :)

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

*PMSL* at your last paragraph AND what Flee said.

11:44 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

FLEE, the closest I got was was that email you sent me.

Darev, not on Youtube, but can probably find it on Usenet.

Thanks Trop, hugs back to you two as well.

Weese, I even vacuumed.

Auntie, FLEE and I live to amuse you. PMSL is really obscure, thanks for the definition.

5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home