Friday, October 26, 2012

Stupid Phone

Have I mentioned recently how much I hate my present smart phone?  I've had enoughso I just purchased the phone in the photo above.  It is a Casio GZOne Boulder.

I got the LG with the slide-out keyboard last September and I gave it a good year.  The problem with that stupid smart phone was that when ever I needed it I would wake it up and it would try to tell me what the weather was like.  I'm standing in the friggin rain, I know what the weather is doing.  After getting that screen to clear it would go into its App Selling mode where it would display apps for me to buy, which I never did buy any.  So lets say I have an emergency, I'd have to wade through all this crap for 45 seconds or longer before I could dial out.

Lately I've had another problem where people on the other end couldn't hear me.  I just had enough with this phone so after the last event last night I went on Amazon and ordered the Casio which is the phone Gearhead uses.  It can be dropped and dunked in water and it still works.  It is the most durable cell phone on the market and it will work when I want it to without trying to tell me what the weather is doing outside or try to sell me apps.

 

5 Comments:

Anonymous gearhead said...

I'll have to borrow it at the shindig and program my favorite uncle's number on it!
:-D

5:02 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

One day very soon they are going to come out with a phone and forget to put in the part where it makes calls. Mostly because it will be so full of other crap that there won't be room.

9:52 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Gearhead, I already have his voice in my head.

Darev, they are called 7 inch android tablets and yes I have one.

5:32 AM  
Blogger mark said...

The term "smart phone" is proof that irony is still alive.

10:58 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mark, just like fish is brain food, ever meet a fisherman???

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home