Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I'm Surprised


There are several things that surprise me about this blog, so far.

I was surprised that when I wrote the article about Rock, Blues, Jazz and Folk, I got some strong comments but no one defended Folk music when I wrote, “The reason Folk Music is so bad is because it is written by the people.”

I was surprised that when I wrote about how much Cannon Beach and Warrenton suck, no one wrote in to defend these towns.

I’m surprised no one commented on the two really ugly dog pictures I used with two articles. That little bastard was one ugly dog.

I’m surprised I always get comments when ever I do a “Sick Day” post (I’m working on a new one).

I was surprised that no one debated me over the illegal immigrant post.

I’m surprised how many people find this blog because they search “United Way Sucks.”

I’m still surprised how many people find this blog because they do a search on Chester Trabucco’s name. WTF?

I’m surprised I never got comments on the article about Regge being good background music for horse riding events. Especially since Dried Salmon County has the highest horse ownership per capita in Oregon.

I’m surprised no one commented on the photo of George W. eating a kitten. People, he was eating a kitten like corn on the cob! I saw it on the Internet so it must be true!

I’m surprised no one objected to my article about the over abundance of shitty artist here.

I’m also surprised that I find so much to write about and that I can always find a cool picture to go along with it.

I’m surprised that I actually got choked up when I wrote the last paragraph of the cup cake story.

I’m surprise how many friends I’ve made with this blog. Many are anonymous, but then so are some of the voices in my head.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah....u and syd make my day...

7:56 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks, I hope Syd checks in and sees this.

You do know she also welcomes comments on her blog. It often heats the topics up a notch.

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised you can wake up every morning at 5 am and write on your site....

Also I have been wondering where you live at in the county and all clues point to the Lewis and Clark area, with Youngs river also being a possibility....

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did it occur to you many people wake up at 5 am to do whatever, why would that surprise a person?
Thanks "guy" for your interesting blog.
I ran across 750 blog, I don't get it about the bingo thing.
I also went into "ask DA" that one I really don't get either?

1:52 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Tryan, L&C is correct. Too dark wet on the other side of the hill and and I couldn't stand the Saddle Mt breeze that flows through that valley.

I write my articles at night, and then I sleep on them and post them first thing in the AM. Sometimes I'll do several articles and post the most relevant. Some I delete after giving them more thought. I usually delete those that I deem to be too mean spirited. I try to keep at least five articles on hand in the event I find myself uninspired for a couple days or if I am going to be out of town and need to post while on the road.

I also keep a tickler file of subjects I want to write on, but am waiting for either more inspiration, research or a good photo to accompany it.

Anonymous,
The bingo thing, the best I can tell is a way of saying that she will no longer be writing a blog. I have my suspicions as to why, which has to do with future political ambition. It's all good. Fewer snarky comments aimed at this blog is OK by me.

The DA blog is a self serving attempt at political propaganda. It's content is troubling at best.

Thanks again to all who choose to read and comment here. Hopefully this will be a place to come for stories that are half baked fresh daily.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Her future political ambition?? Or her husbands? Either one it is quite disturbing.

3:34 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Both. Once you get a taste of political success or even near success it will hook you like crack. She made some statements that the wife of a DA shouldn't have made like having inside information about a case. By distancing herself from the Blog world maybe people will forget in 4 years. Maybe they will, and maybe they won't. I would be happy to forget if they choose to run for office in another state.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Duh. Of course I check in here, Guy. (Thanks anon)

You have no idea how many times I started an email to you on the immigration issue, but I can't decide if I want to fight with you or agree, LOL. Let's set some time aside one day to hash this out, shall we??

6:05 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Ok Darlin, you saw what I said, now it's your turn. I'm happy to debate or accept your agreement.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I often get comments on stuff I thought was boring, and not a whispher about stuff you'd think would really piss people off. And I also get the strangest searches.

Keep up the good work!

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home