Thursday, September 21, 2006

Sick Day V


I’m sick of the lack of rain. We’ve had some recently, but we need gully washers. I’m sick that the water level in my pond got so low this year that a blue heron was able to eat all the fish from it. I’m sick of political ads already. (But you can bet I’ll list my picks here on the blog) I’m sick of the fact that political campaigns can call you even though your number is on the National Do-Not-Call list. I’m sick of the two party system, it should be a no party system where you just go out and say what you believe, not the party line, and let the people vote accordingly. I’m sick of how the fuel prices have magically gone down as the election gets closer. I’m sick of people who buy bottled water. I’m sick of the fact that people will actually pay $1 + for a bottle of water. I’m sick of the fact I never got into the bottled water business. I am sick of post-it pop-ups. I’m sick of people who have musical ring tones for their cell phones. I am sick of the sound of hammers. I’m sick of every year needing to be an El Nino or a La Nina year, how about a No Nino year for a freaken change. I am sick of the jays that pick up the filberts off the ground and fly up on the second story roof to peck them open while I’m trying to take a nap. I’m sick of everybody making a big deal out of Tom/Kats baby, and what the fuck was that schemata on that kid’s head in that photo. No way does a kid that young have hair that dark and thick. I’m sick of the new format of the Capital Press. I’m sick of all the predictions of Armageddon over the middle east situation, Christians need to stop shining a positive light on everything. (Holy shit, that’s pretty funny)… I’m sick of BBC News on KMUN. It was much better when Dave or Zetty offered local news. I’m sick of Safeway screwing Astoria. A traffic light should have been put in at their expense, and they should have taken some of the responsibility for the land slide. They were banging the pilings in the ground at the same time the other land was being excavated across the road. And I’m still sick of the crap I was sick of in the articles Sick Day I, II, III and IV.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

>I am sick of the sound of hammers.<

You can feel better.
Hammers don't have much of a sound of their own.
:-;

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's o.k. to talk to the hammers. Cuss at them etc.

But it's a little scary when they talk back.

I would take a sick day too.

10:16 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

It was quiet when I only had one voice in my head, but now it's unbearable...

2:15 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

According to the news, you're gonna have about ten more sick days. But I have to say, since I have to set up my new yard, I could use it.

12:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home