Sunday, November 05, 2006

Picasso

I once heard a story about Picasso. He was having coffee with an American and the American told him that he didn’t like his (Picasso’s) art because it was unrealistic. “ No one has two noses and three eyes,” he said.

Picasso asked the American if he had a photo of his girlfriend with him and asked to see it. The American took a wallet sized photo out of his wallet and handed it to Picasso. Picasso looked at the photo with a puzzled look on his face and then asked the American, “Is she really this small?”

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why this made my day, but it did. Thank you for the post. :)

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that a true story?
I love the quietly brilliant type. And quiet humor catches me in the funny bone; yet another famous person I wish I'd gotten the chance to meet.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True story or not, I'd say Picasso made his point. Art is subjective. Nice story, Guy!

5:44 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I assume it's true. I heard it in an old Alan Watts lecture on the radio back in the 80s. Watts made everything believable.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I'm with Pablo. Some people just have no imagination.

10:21 PM  
Blogger Lee said...

LOL, if Alan Watts said it, it must be true...even though had he answered "yes, she is that small"...the response may have even been better

12:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'll have to do a post about Watts one of these days. He was a lot of fun.

Mom O 3, Picasso was a very creative person, but I understand he was a real asshole to be around.

Jaggy, thanks for checking in and I'm glad it made your day. I have another great story about how we look at things I'll share in the near future. It's the chicken and egg thing, and I wrote about it before but it should be revisited cuz it's fun.

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home