Saturday, November 25, 2006

The Skull


As you are probably familiar with all the medical and forensic shows that are now on television, you know that between radiographic and magnetic imagery can now be uploaded to computers and turned into three dimensional representations of what is there.

This is to say that if you had 3-D imagery of your skull, these images in conjunction with a computer and some robotic equipment could be used to sculpt an exact replica of your skull.

If you have ever seen a photo of a pile of human skulls, they are immediately identifiable as human, but if you look closer you will see that each skull is distinct, each having its own personality, so to speak.

Each human has a distinct face. Yes, their may be some familial similarities, but each person has their own distinct face.

There is a specialty branch in forensic science where they recreate a person’s face based upon the features of the skull. This being said, beauty isn’t only skin deep, but it goes to the bone.

So why bring this up? Consider having a copy of your own skull. One you can pickup and study. Something you can feel and something you can recognize as your own. It can be a reminder of who you are under it all and where you will be in the end. It could be a tool to keep one very humble.

10 Comments:

Blogger LeLo said...

I guess this means I could talk to myself. Look myself in the eye(socket). No backtalk!

7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just skin and bones.

No Guy, If we all had coppies of our skull then that would be more garbage for the landfill. Well, In my case anyway.

I was once diagnosed with Cranial-Rectal Inversion.

Again, I am off topic.

8:15 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lelo, hey Bloglinse has a bunch of the blogs I subscribe to as bad feeds. Click on mine and you will see a red exclaimation point at the end of the title line. I emailed bloglines to see what's up. No reply as of yet.

Port,I have Optical Rectitus, that's when the optical nerves fuse with the nerves in you ass and it gives you a shitty outlook on life.

8:41 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

I'm betting the bloglines issue is a change in the feed in switching to the new blogger...but this is just a guess

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alas poor Yurr...er...Guy. I knew him well...

11:47 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

"It can be a reminder of who you are under it all and where you will be in the end. It could be a tool to keep one very humble." ... isn't that what mothers are for? Because mine seems to have that part down entirely too well. :)

12:05 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Jaggy, I hear you on that. I still have my mother's voice in my head.

Trish, I'd kind of would like one. It would make a paper weight, or we could put snow globes in the eye sockets ; )

10:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the tops are removed and inverted, then you could assemble a unique set of salad bowls....surefire conversation pieces at any dinner party whether casual or formal

1:16 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

It would be the proper container for noodles in a brown sauce.

6:31 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

See, that Iris Johannsen, she has that whole series about the face-rebuilding forensic-type woman. Her name is something dramatic like Tempest or Torrent or Tsunami or something.

Having seen the second Silence of the Lambs, I can't help but visualize Ray Liotta as said soup tureen...

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home