Monday, December 18, 2006

Eyes ...Again


OK, the time has come where I need to impose yet another restriction on my life. Yes, I’ve already given up using any caffeine after 1pm. I’ve given up on most sweets, soda (or pop as you call it here) and snack foods. I’ve given up my recreational drug use and tobacco. I no longer stay up past 11pm. I rarely drink alcohol.

As I’ve discussed in the past, my eye sight is getting worse as I age. I’ve skated by longer than I should have, but it is becoming obvious with recent trips to the market. I’ll buy products that I think are right, but when I get them home I see they are not at all what I wanted.

I wanted some plain chicken broth and ended up with a garlic enhanced broth. I wanted ½ and ½ and ended up with ½ and ½ with mocha mint flavoring in it. Anticipating power outtages I wanted to get some lamp oil, and ended up with some sort of potpourri liquid that totally screwed up my wicks.

I can go on about my recent mistakes, and I can perhaps blame some of it on shopping at Safeway and my not knowing where the things I really want should be in that store and the fact that they have a different product line for many items. However in reality, if I had been wearing my reading glasses it never would have happened.

I promise here and now never to venture anywhere outside of my bedroom or bathroom without a pair of reading glasses available to me at all times.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You seem to me more the monocle type.

Look's like quite the sunrise out there.

7:37 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Port, what are you saying? Like The guy on the Monopoly box? Mr Peanut? Colonel Clink? The New Yorker?

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeh, exactly.

All three of those examples are smart dudes. Thinkers. Smart dudes have monocles.

Look, they come with a little chain on them so a guy would'nt loose the monocle or leave it in the truck.

Can sport the monocle around easily. Glasses have cases and almost always get lost, broken or bent.

Then again I could see you with taped up glasses. Anyway, you will be fine.

8:54 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Colonel Clink and Mr Peanut are smart dudes? Why I ought a...

Teddy Roosevelt is another.

I may have to publish a photo just to set you straight...

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home