Saturday, April 28, 2007

Writing Outcomes


As a writer my only hope is that some of my words influence or inspire readers to see things differently. When I write a serious article for publication I hope to educate. When I write comedy, I hope to make people laugh or at least smile.

Sometimes the pay-off comes around. I recall being at Sunday Market one day last year and I heard some say the words Dried Salmon County as they passed me. They didn’t know I was the blogger who put that phrase out there. Then Clatsop County Matter adopted that as their sub-name for their blog and forum. Last week a reader contacted me and said they were filling out a form where they had to list their county of residence, and they wrote Dried Sal… before they caught themselves and had to start over with a new form and fill it is as Clatsop County.

By the way, if you are new to this blog or other blogs that call our county, "Dried Salmon County", and are wondering what that is all about, it all started back last July with this article: Fish.

4 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

Thanks for the DSC term, Guy.

I use it (perhaps too) frequently.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

You’ve achieved immortality!
(And it doesn’t matter if whoever who uses the phrase knows its origins or not.)
Ah, the power of blogging - and words.

2:42 PM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I agree, living in Dried Salmon County is all we say around here--Slave Hubby included. For as much as I hear it, I thought it was a really old phrase.

Wow, I am in the presence of greatness!!!!

7:27 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Actually it is a Clatsop Indian word. They made it up and I simply read about it somewhere and brought it back into play.

5:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home