Saturday, May 05, 2007

A Sad Day


Sometime thing just go from bad to worse. On Thursday, my wife had a fall and her hip landed on a rock. I arrived home to find her in bed with an ice pack trying to reduce the swelling. She asked me to go to pick up a prescription for her and when I returned home from that trip I found an ambulance and a rescue truck out in the road and in the drive way. In my absence she had fallen again. Fortunately nothing was broken, she was just bruised badly and she has to rest.

Oddly this is the weekend I am scheduled to teach a class in Bend, so I had to find someone who could take care of her and the horses in a moment’s notice. Auntie L came to mind. I called her and she was happy to help a dopey blogger in need.

Auntie spent the day at my place while my wife rested and got better, but when I got to Bend I got a call from Auntie that her step father passed away and she needed to take care of her family. My wife is now well enough to take care of herself, though I understand that Love Anon is going to drive over and make sure things are good tomorrow in my continued absence.

I am so fortunate I have the friends that I have.

I send my love and sympathy to Auntie L. Please drop by her blog and share some kind words of support during her time of sorrow.

6 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

Guy, you are such a good friend. Thank you.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

All my best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery. (She has back problems too, right?)

And, yes, it is so wonderful to have friends during the bad/rough times.

Take care.

(I'm going to the link for Auntie L.)

3:48 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

My best wishes for Mrs. Guy's speedy recovery. How scary!

9:38 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks Beth, She has chronic pain, which this doesn't help. Thanks for commenting on Auntie's blog that means a lot to her. She even called me to tell me you commented. It's the little things that help.

Lori, Even more scary that we are now at the age when if we slip and fall we immediately think of a broken hip.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Amaya said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your wife. It has to be hard to be so far away.

12:55 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'm home now and she is well on her way to being back to normal.

2:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home