Friday, June 15, 2007

Yet Another Difference


There are many differences between men and women, but there is one in particular I’d like to bring to light. Light has a lot to do with it.

Women like sparkly things, most men don’t. Sparkly things reflect light. So often I’ll be asked if I like a certain piece of jewelry that someone was wearing and I have to admit that I never saw it. To me it’s like jewelry doesn’t exist. Like how humans can't hear dog whistles, I am unable to see jewelry. The jewelry booths at Sunday Market don’t exist. I’m not at all drawn to them. They are vacant spaces.

However men can not resist something that emits light, like emergency lights or televisions. I swear I have to put blinders on when ever I drive through Poulsbo where they have those bill boards that have moving pictures on them. I get so distracted that I’ve changed lanes without even knowing it. I simply can’t look away.

They could replace those billboards with the largest most sparkling sixty-foot diamond and I’d never see it, but let me pass someone on the road that is looking at a photo on their cell phone screen I start driving off the road.

Also, men can not pass by a hole without looking into it. It can be a post hole in the ground. It can be a hole in a wall. If there is a hole, a guy has got to look in it. If we ever find a light emitting hole we are screwed.

16 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Apparently, I'm an anomaly. I don't notice jewelry nor do I notice holes or flashing billboards. In fact, right now, I question if I even notice the road in front of me. But, having read today that Sacramentans are truly the country's worst drivers, I'm not surprised--worse--I'm considering myself a Sacramentan. This is WAY too much thinking for me this early.

5:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Freud could explain the hole fascination. LOL!

Personally, I think we're just hoping to find something that emits light down there. Like a dropped flashlight. Why do we seem to collect flashlights? Because they emit light.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Dont you wish you possessed that gene wherein you could not hear someones voice once it hit that pitch we like to call "whine" ?

Wouldnt that be cool if that would just turn off our hearing and all we could do was just look at the person's whining face, but not hear a word they are saying, thus sparing us from further torture? And wouldn't it be great if the person knew that you had that gene and just gave up soon after, remembering that you couldn't hear them anyway?

7:59 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

You live near Poulsbo? One of my earliest Internet friends, and one I have met face-to-face, an older lady named Shirlee Thorson, has a Poulsbo address.

Dang, it's a small world.

8:25 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lori, that says a lot about you. You are fortunate not to be a victun of that which glitters and glows.

Walt, maybe we are looking for the Molemen that Superman found.

Auntie, that's why men usually lose their hearing.

Donna, Poulsbo is about three hours from here, just south of Seattle. I have yet to figure a reason to go there other than to pass through on the way to somewhere else. It is most memorable for moving signs and RV sales lots and modular home sales lots.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Don't care about jewelry or sparkly things.
Where does that leave me?
(I really don't want an answer...)

8:44 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, that leaves you as the type of woman I love! ; )

10:33 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I think, if you try, on the Internet, you can purchase one of those light-emitting holes. Try Fredrick's.

4:23 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Hey! Stop it, Mo3.

4:42 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

I was going to say..hmmmm, light emitting hole, isnt that a tunnel?

5:12 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Hole, tunnel, it's all in the perspective. I saw one at Suzy's house of pleasure though...it did look like a hole close up, but from a distance, definitely a tunnel.

Guy - BOO is back!

7:24 PM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

I'm totally with Beth on this one. I'm as un-sparkley as a girl can be. I don't care for diamonds, and I'd rather have an unpolished natural gem than a perfectly cut one.

I am not the kind of girl that can be bought by something that sparkles.

Swiss chocolate on the other hand...

8:58 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

K & I both weigh the cost/enjoyment of jewelry against...say, a horse trailer or a new gun. Trailers and guns win every time.

10:04 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I have to tell you, I just am in love with the women who read this blog. You are so uncommon.

6:17 AM  
Blogger cwilcox said...

If a man finds himself attracted to Chrome, a shiney thing, is that a bad thing? How about a guy who likes Chrome and watches chick flicks? I knew a guy like that once....okay it's me but really, I knew this guy once who liked chrome, chick flicks and was known to cry when he heard great singers...Okay, there really isn't any hope for me is there?

5:23 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Red, tell me you at least enjoy a good hole now and then.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home