Sunday, June 10, 2007

Spam Poetry


I’m sure we all get spam. I used to employ a spam filter, but I was missing a lot of wanted mail so I turned it off. Some spammers are pretty honest with their subject lines. You know what sort of spam you delete before you open it. However there is a new type of spam that I started noticing a year or so ago. These messages come with subject lines that are most unattractive. So much so that when I see one I am annoyed by the nonsensical verbiage. Here are some samples:

Go bangkok well chaos
bolshevism greater occidental
A executrix each marina
But malnutrition that monogamy
doses that you destitution.
Which kuna the boxford
He fellsmere many corrales
in leoma as holtville

Who is writing these things and why do they think I’ll open them?

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Good question.
But as long as they continue to write such "nonsensical verbiage" there's no temptation to open them!
(You must have left out the vulgar ones to spare our sensitivities.)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

I have located an article regarding the history of spam for your perusal:
http://www.templetons.com/brad/spam/spam25.html

Enjoy!

11:38 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, I actually do try not to be vulgar, though sometimes I can't help myself.

Mo3, always the researcher, aren't you?

8:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home