Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Holy Crap, Lori !



So I get this comment on Mondays blog post, I'm getting some Blog Award that I've never heard of before. I was just going to ignore it since this is an honor rather than a prize bearing award with gifts of cash or even a new back hoe. But then Lori at Hahn At Home confessed she was the nominator. So just for shits and grins I visited the award web site and read the absolutely kind words that Lori wrote about Astoria Rust and your humble narrator. Thanks, Lori. I sincerely mean my thanks.

The funny thing about it all is like when someone takes a photo of you and when you see it you don't recognize yourself. I questioned every comment Lori stated, thinking "That's not me", but I guess it is me and has been all along. The cool thing about blogs is that you can create your own image. You can put forward the face you want everyone to see. In reality I can honestly say that Lori has captured the essence of Rust, and the personality flaws of its host.

See if you agree with her assessment at Rising Blogger.

11 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Who says your flawed? Them there be all sparkling wonderful things about ya'.

BTW, I'm now a regular reviewer over there, so if'n you run across a great blog, send the URL my way.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Congratulations!
And Lori certainly did capture the essence of Rust and Guy.
(Don't remember how I found your blog, but so glad I did.)

6:24 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Guy - I couldnt agree more with Lori's assessment. Its a pure snapshot of who you are via your blog.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sure proud to have friends that are winners.
You AND Lars Larson both recieved awards for your commentary this year!
Seems like I should get an award by association.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Oh Gearhead, Guy is really gonna be ticked now.....

10:34 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lori, yeah, yeah ; )

Beth, you came here by way of Boo7 and or Trish. I miss Boo...

Gearhead, How about a diversity award?

Auntie, watch this, he's going to reply and delete his next comment and make it look like I did it.

11:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy,

I read your posts often and enjoy them, which makes you a good writer.
Thanks for all of the lessons/tips.

A fan

5:10 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

A fan, thanks. Don't be shy, feel free to comment anytime.

6:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't try to push me into a corner and fit me into a box there Mr. Bigshot.
No one knows diversity better than me.
I have friends that are Auto Mechanics, Air frame Mechanics, Diesel Mechanics ; the list goes on forever.
But I can tell you this: Not a single one of them is a..


Comment deleted
This post has been removed by the blog administrator.

7:44 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Yeah, she nailed you. [giggle]

7:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Gearhead...Right on time.

Syd, Funny thing was it was the post where I was sharing your email. You said all the funny stuff, so you are the one who should have been featured. Hear that, Lori. You should check out Syd, and I'll make it easy for you, I've already done a tribute to her back in the early summer of 06. You can copy and paste.

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home