Sunday, November 04, 2007

Chinese Food


I never tire of Chinese food. I wonder why that is? I get tired of every other cuisine after two meals, but I can do Chinese food for two meals a day for weeks and never tire of it. I’m not all that fond of Japanese or Thai food. Mexican food is boring, at least the way it is presented here in the North.

It’s just Chinese food that I’m crazy about. Also, I can't cook Chinese food very well, so I'm at the mercy of restaurants. But then I've always heard that food always tastes better when some one else cooks it.

I know, I've been doing a lot of food posts lately and I promise to stop. It's just the change in the season that is making me want to pack on a few pounds, crawl into a cave and hibernate until spring.

9 Comments:

Blogger Trop said...

I'm that way with Indian food.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Even better? Left-over Chinese food!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm the same way with Thai and good Mexican food!! My sis makes some awesome Thai food....making me hungry just thinking about it LOL!!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Guy, I know we both have a guilty pleasure of looking forward to cold pizza for breakfast, but have you ever had cold chinese food in the morning. PS, not the stuff that has sauce...that would be wrong.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Guy, being allergic to MSG, I have to be careful with Chinese. Also, there's a lack of Oriental places out here. Clams and pizza are my weaknesses. By the way, without onions, light vinegar, olive oil, green peppers it wouldn't be an 'Italian'. Gonna do a post on them sometime soon.

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hubby and I just ate at Tin Tin's in Salem. Octopus in a spicy vinegar sauce yummmmmm! And a whole bunch of stuff I couldn't pronounce. One tablespoon full of a dozen different things. Plus a variety of california rolls/sushi rice rolls. Chinese food and right after watching a FANTASTIC Football game! Oh, yeah, the pressed duck was great, too!

5:50 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Every single Chinese restaurant around here has the same 95 page menu and everything tastes the same. Ick.

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I used to bartend at a Mexican restaurant I used to eat a Chorizo, jalepeno, french fries and egg burrito w/ Coffee and Baileys every morning shift I worked. I loved it, though it probably took the last 5 years off of my life.

10:30 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

While growing up, my wife's youngest son would only order chicken strips and fries when ever we went out to eat. He is in his 20s now and we met him in Portland for lunch a couple weeks ago and guess what?...

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home