Monday, August 18, 2008

Blog Analysis


I’ll admit, I’m a nosy bastard. When someone leaves a comment on one of my posts I’ll check them out. If they are members of Blogger and if they log in I will check out their profiles and that will usually lead me to their blogs.

I feel honored that so many of the readers here have a link to this site on their blog. I never got into having links on this blog. I don’t want to get into why, I just don’t link.

Most of the links call this site Oregon Rust or Astoria Rust, or Guy in Astoria, the Guy Who Writes and so on. Auntie has me listed as the Guy Who Writes 24/7. I have to admit the funniest listing I ever saw is one where Syd from Mississippi I are both listed but under the category, “What White People Write.”

I don’t ever recall writing about my race, but I guess it just shows through.

Another funny thing I see in blogger profiles of people that read my blog is their favorite books list. I am finding that among the most unusual Bloggers out there one of their favorite books is the Bible. I can totally understand this from many of the readers, but there are some out there that I suspect would be more comfortably with Dante or Kafka but no, the list the Bible as one of their favorite books. I’m not going to comment any further than to say it is odd.
It is no wonder that most bloggers have demons and harpies that stand below guiding their daily writing.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I'm way too blabby in my profile (didn't know any better at the time I wrote it) and now I'm too lazy to change it.
And while I don't list the Bible as one of my favourite books, I think we all have demons and harpies in our lives!

4:42 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I saw the White People category too!! Cracked me the hell up.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

you are "guy who can't stop writing" now

2:51 PM  
Blogger MissKris said...

My taste in who I link to is so far-ranging...anywhere from YOU to another stay-at-home Grandma and anyone in between. I once received a most scathing email from some so-called "Christian" lady who harangued me about linking to whom I do, telling me I was so morally wrong to do so, considering I profess being a Christian, too. Oh well. The thing is, Christ Himself harangued US for judging our fellow men. More than once, too. How someone else chooses to live their lives is their own business, as far as I'm concerned. Unless they're totally every-other-word-is-an-expletive, if I like their writing, I link to them. If anyone from my blog follows the links, let THEM make their choices as to whether or not they want to go back again. Simple as that.

4:16 AM  
Blogger MissKris said...

Oh, and the Bible is one of my favorite 'books' and I've read it thru several times in the 32 years I've been a Christian but I don't categorize it that way in my mind. I categorize it as my 'life line'.

4:18 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

heh... guilty!

i put you and syd under that category more for funnies than for the fact that you're both white. that "stuff white people like" is under there, too, so i just thought i'd carry over the theme.

hope i didn't offend... i meant it in the nicest possible way! lol

3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home