Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Just a Girl In Shortshorts


A few months ago I found that I was way too involved in politics. One day I realized that I was simply a Monday Morning Quarterback just like all the other opinionated hacks out there. Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they usually stink. It seems that people with all the bright ideas are too lazy to do anything more than offer lip service while many of the people that are actually doing things out there are constantly being pelted with rocks and garbage. Pretty sad…

With this said, I will now admit to my one remaining political addiction. It’s a blog Just A Girl in shortshorts talking about whatever which I was surprised to see Astoria Rust was linked within… But it is a blog by a woman named Becky in Arizona whose bio states, “Mom, recovering attorney, post-modern neo-feminist, enthusiastic regenerated dyke, unlikely punk, nice Catholic girl, passionate freedom-loving libertarian, thinking conservative, sappy romantic, spiritual redneck, softball enthusiast, shopaholic and unrepentant flirt. My other passion is mountain climbing. On July 4, 2007 I started the next phase of my life as a femme desert tomboy in Arizona, where the chick, once called "trailer trash with a brain" by an Intertard wit, will be able to wear unfashionable daisy dukes year round.”

Becky’s analyses of politics and culture is razor sharp, very witty and oft times down right sexy. There are lots of funny photos and links for those of us with a short attention span.

Anyway, if this sort of thing appeals to you, check her out. Oh, and if you read my post earlier this month about how many bloggers say the bible is one of their favorite books in their profile, this is another one of them.

6 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

What a great bio. I'll check out the site on the basis of that alone. (And, yes, because of your recommendation...)

5:07 AM  
Blogger MissKris said...

I. HATE. POLITICS.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

I'm going to check her out now. Sounds like my kind of gal.

9:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

POLITICS SUCK!

Too bad she's a dyke.

6:38 PM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

She's been on my blogroll for a million years - she's smart and observant. She wears her political passions on her sleeve. I love the controversy she generates by not being boxed into a particular mindset.

And, G, it's not too bad she is capable of loving women. What would be too bad, is if she wanted you. Step back on the dyke calling, huh?

7:50 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

g,Easy there Mr. Testosterone. Don't be insulting 50% of the readers here.

Another warning I should have made that some of Becky's articles are not safe to view at work if you work for a company that tracks your internet use.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home