Tuesday, September 09, 2008

An Evolution


While having a debate with CP in the comments of an article last week I found myself reflecting on all the stuff I’ve written here over the years. Looking through the archives I noticed an evolution of sorts. I used to be really pissed off. I could do a bitter nasty article at the drop of a hat and now-a-days I dread coming up with a monthly sick day post.

I know I’ve been losing my edge since I moved here from the East Coast. I mellow more and more with each passing year. Reviewing what I’ve written over the last year I see how much this blog is becoming like the Prairie Home Bathroom Companion. No wonder Moose never comments anymore.

Maybe it because I’ve run out of embarrassing stories. I’ve put them out there already and now I have mostly the day to day stuff to write about. Sometimes I toy with starting a new blog and writing all the nasty stuff that I really want to write about. I don’t write a lot of stuff now because too many of you know me and I would like to be able to face many of you again in the future. Presently, the squirrels in my brain are very discrete.

I would like to say that I’m going to try harder to get back to my old self, but I’m pretty content with the bore I’ve become.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Mellow is good but don't be reluctant to let those squirrels out once in awhile. I think we can all handle it - and would probably enjoy it.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I spend a lot of time trying to be outraged over things lately, and failing.

You've got to see me as Che - this is funny: http://www.lesbiatopia.com/2008/09/join-hahn-revolution-beat-prop-8.html scroll down - what do you think of the 'stache? Heh.

6:33 AM  
Blogger weese said...

what is with the squirrels this year...

9:37 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

Guy, you're just going to have to go and do something you find embarrassing so you can write about it. Maybe take a stroll downtown in the buff. I'm sure other commenters will be willing to weigh in with suggestions as to what you can do to bring shame on yourself.

1:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I think beth is right, and I do my best to dance to the radio and watch the teenagers reactions..hee hee hee
loopymama

4:30 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Guy, you just keep on writing what is in the front of your head and we'll keep reading it. You wanna be funny, be funny. You wanna be boring, so be it. Some of us need to hear about boring every now and then. There's too much nasty in the world as it is. I wish I would have started a blog about being a foster parent about three years ago. Enough nasty to open a store. As the man once said "You do that voodoo that you do so well."

6:17 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, The squirrels control me, not the other way around.

Lori, I guess we are all outraged out.

Weese, long cold winter ahead.

Rich, five other local bloggers would be all over it before I got back to my computer.

Loopy, send a video and I'll write about it. Personally I don't dance.

Darev, thanks, man. I'll just use what comes along and see what happens.

5:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home