Monday, September 01, 2008

Returning From Taking Off


Sorry I haven’t responding to all your replies over the past several days. We’ve been away horse camping far out of any wireless range and cell phone range as well. We took time away from the endless chores that will now have to wait a few more days or weeks to get taken care of.

It looks like we had even more rain while I was away. There was some major pasture growth while we were gone and it was nice turning the horses out onto something green instead of a dry sacrifice lot with some hay and dust.

As with all of my adventures, stories of this trip will probably make it here, especially ones about inconsiderate people, people with dogs and most of all a nearly double near death ride for two people.

For now, thanks for not sending out the search party. I know I forgot to tell anyone I wasn’t going to be here. Auntie even called after I didn’t show up to reply to comments.

Hey, it’s Labor Day, or Labour Day to you Canadians. I made it home without injury other than the joints and the ribs being a bit more delicate. I even made a few business deals over a camp fire or two.

So as you prepare to go back to work or school, I will prepare myself to repair the last bit of storm damage and get prepared for the winds that are sure to return this winter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

Welcome back, Guy-smiley.

7:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home