Saturday, January 10, 2009

Stainless


One more day on water, if I may. If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time you may remember when I used to post a lot of green stuff. I preached about reuse, recycle and all that crap that you shouldn’t have to be told to do unless you live under a rock as a slack jawed, mouth breathing knuckle dragging window licker. I also preached about how evil plastic water bottles are. It takes something like 4 liters of water to produce a one liter bottle.

Recently I wrote that we have been using glass bottles for drinking water instead of refilling plastic bottles. I’ve been looking for a stainless steel water bottle, but the prices are usually over $20. I’m for saving the planet and all that crap, but 20 bucks is 20 bucks. You can feed a family several meals for $20.

Finally after an internet search I found the perfect stainless water bottle at Homedepot.com. It’s a 24 ounce container with two unscrewable caps. One is or drinking and another larger cap for cleaning or adding ice. It comes with a strap and a crampon and it sells for $12.95. If you are in the market to get away from all that evil plastic it’s a good investment. Anyway, that’s my environmentalist tip for the year. (Hey look everybody, Guy has finally sunk to hawking shit on his blog!)

12 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

If I could take that in to work, or if they would shell out the money to treat the water there, I'd do it in a minute. But I can't take a steel bottle inside the fence and the water there gets cited every year for high levels of lead, radium and other nasty things. I do recycle my bottles. It's the best I can do at the moment. Guess I could buy "survival water" in those little boxes....

4:05 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

shill!


shhhhhhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiii-hhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiilllllll!

you sellout! i'm never readin' yer blog agin!

(ahem.)

as you were...

9:39 AM  
Blogger Jaggy said...

just don't put it in the microwave.
that's a bad idea.
won't tell you how i know.
trust me.

11:01 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

Well, Guy, I hope you ordered yours in pink. The only drawback for me is that these are only for cold liquids. I need something for hot coffee.

4:25 PM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I was listening to a radio show today talking about the evil plastic bottles and couldn't help but remember my Boy Scout days. What did we use, ah yes, a stainless steel canteen. Things are coming full circle!

7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think stainless is better for hot liquids (better taste). You can get travel coffee mugs w/ stainless inside. Plastic gives coffee a weird/bad taste. I purchased a plastic bottle for drinking water w/ a filter built in to it...got it at Bob's in Longview. I tested it by putting lemon into the water...it was amazing...not even a hint of lemon when I drank the water. Don't even get me started about my cookware!

9:08 PM  
Blogger loopymamain06 said...

hawking good shit tho'
da loop

4:59 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, With the stuff in the ground where you live, you are better off buying bottled water.

Dalia, forgive me. Sometimes a Guy has to shill.

Um, Jaggy, metal in a microwave? You shouldn't out plastic in there either.

Rich, I got the black one, I would have gotten the colored ones had I known, but my search took me to the black ones. Not pink tho.

Jeff were they stainless or aluminum back then?

I agree, Ginger. I have a stainless cup I got as pharmaceutical "SWAG" a few years ago.

Loopy, I try to limit my endorsements.

6:28 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I bought a bunch of nice ones for our company meeting in June through our marketing department - we are go green as a company and the number of water bottles used at meetings is unbelievable. I love them - mine has our cool logo and a little attachment thing to hook to belt or backpack.

6:20 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mine has a clip as well. I'm really happy I got it.

7:33 AM  
Blogger Casey Knopik said...

Those are great bottles. They remind me of my old metal canteen back when I first started camping. I must say though, I understand the stainless steel bottles, but I can't understand the aluminum ones.

Casey Knopik
Just South of North

6:07 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Casey, those are used by people that don't know about the effect aluminum has on the brain. I think that combined with aluminum cook wear is really dangerous. Thanks for checking in.

5:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home