Saturday, February 07, 2009

Domestic God, Moosehead


Our pal Moosehead has been sending me all sorts of stuff lately. Enough stuff to start his own blog. But this is one that I found most interesting, leaving me saying, "Doh!"

Bet none of you knew this.....I sure didn't.

I had to go into the kitchen and check this out for myself. Whoever looks at the end of your aluminum foil box? You know when you try to pull some foil out and the roll comes out of the box. Then you have to put the roll back in the box and start over. The darn roll always comes out at the wrong time.

Well, I would like to share this with you. Yesterday I went to throw out an empty Reynolds foil box and for some reason I turned it and looked at the end of the box. And written on the end it said, Press here to lock end. Right there on the end of the box is a tab to lock the roll in place. How long has this little locking tab been there? I then looked at a generic brand of aluminum foil and it had one, too. I then looked at a box of Saran wrap and it had one too! I can't count the number of times the Saran wrap roll has jumped out when I was trying to cover something up.

I hope I'm not the only person that didn't know about this.

15 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

"Doh!" from Toronto.
You are not alone. Checked my Glad Cling Wrap and, yes, there are "roll tabs." None on my foil wrap box though (because it's a small size?).
All those years of battling those bloody rolls!

5:52 AM  
Blogger Jeff said...

I can't believe this. I never knew either. Life just became easier!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Domestic God??? ROFLMAO

Don't feel bad Guy...think about the unsung hero with the idea in the first place. He is probably the same fellow who figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage...which happened some time after Neil took a large step for mankind and then went golfing.

Moose

6:54 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Hey, can I hook Moosehead up with Mammy? Really, I think it could work. I know she would really dig him. And not just because of the foil roll thing.

And, "doh" from the top of the hill in Astoria, by the way.

7:36 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

You can color me surprised! I had to go check and sure enough, there were tabs. Then I showed the wife (who didn't know either) and she said "How long have those been there? And who told you?" All those years and all that foil wasted....

7:40 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match.....
Find me a find....
Catch me a catch....

(grin)

7:41 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Knock it off, Revvy. Don't make me come over to Misery to kick yer arse.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Bpaul said...

I learned something today.

10:41 AM  
Blogger weese said...

totally a "tip-o-day"
nice!
(running downstairs to check my foil boxes)

10:58 AM  
Blogger g said...

definitely a "doh" moment here.

and to think our local media could actually have been useful and brought this to our attention years ago.

i will become part of a larger group who will spread this knowledge to the masses. it makes me wonder how many people have been killed while reinserting the roll in the box.

this little unknown secret could be the knowledge i have been pursuing my whole life.

i thank you. the world should thank you.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Syd said...

No. Fucking. Way.

I feel like such an idiot!!

Thankfully, I'm accustomed to that.

8:11 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I find it strange that no one came by and called us a bunch of ass hats for not knowing that this.

Beth is right, the small foil doesn't have one, but everything else does.

5:52 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

d'oh! sheer genius...

but i don't have one on my roll of foil, either...

does that mean smaller rolls are less prone to suicide attempts than big ones?

9:42 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Smaller rolls are meant to be used all at one time.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"read all" :before clicking, : the fine print

:the words on the box

it has been my motto for years
loopy

5:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home