Monday, March 16, 2009

Blog Writers


One of the joys of reading blogs is that sometimes the writers come up with lines that captivate me as a reader. The lines are often very personal, but then that is what blogging is about. It is a weblog or a digital diary. I know the sampling below is just a few random lines I've collected from all the blogs I read. Don't be offended if your lines aren't here. It just means I was too lazy to cut, paste and save them into this post I've been holding onto for the last six months. I'm sure your perfect lines will appear in future editions of this post. I appreciate good writing.

Here are some lines that struck me:

Chantel wrote:
I’m in the basement of a dental school waiting in a room that looks like it was arranged by a decorator fired from a job at the DMV.

Becky wrote:
Place your bets—but I am only accepting gold, sliver and recreational drugs— perhaps Euros.

Dalia wrote:
god, the noises that man made! like trying to stuff an angry raccoon into a blender.

Darev wrote:
He'd throw his food on the floor and roll on it like a dog with a dead squirrel.

Trish wrote:
So now I'm speaking in (sort of) haiku? It goes with my blank stare and gentle rocking.

Blond Goddess wrote: Finally I was forced to have a stiff drink and masturbate so I could calm down before I had a heart attack.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Humour, wisdom, angst...you get it all via blogs!
Great lines.

5:01 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Oh my...... At first I was stunned and proud to have been mentioned. Then I burst out giggling and couldn't stop for several minutes after I read the rest of the lines. I'd say at least five of those quotes should be enshrined in a hall somewhere and etched indelibly into a marble facade. If I go back and read them again my sides will ache all day.

7:58 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

that last one was great! made me laugh (and blush). oh, my!

thanks for nominating me! : ) i'll get back to the blogging soon, i swear... too many late nights at work and not enough time for me!

1:39 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Looks like a book of anonymous blogging one-liners should be written, hint-hint:GUY!!:)

10:45 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, I need to collect more in the future.

I can picture Darev giggling like a school girl.

Dalia, The last one comes from a blog I just started reading recently. She is very funny, honest, open and sexy.
If you are interested it's
http://daswede.blogspot.com/
I know we found one another through Syd, so I know you can handle it, though Syd doesn't like that blog and kind of made me feel like a douche for reading it.

Mike, Sorry, but I have a hard enough time writing my own books without compiling the works of others.

12:08 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

Those are great lines. I love a good line too, but never remember them. Though that last one I might.

10:46 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lori, She writes things like that every day.

5:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home