Monday, March 30, 2009

Free HBO...Sort Of.


I'm sure that if you watch TV you've probably seen the Hulu commercials where you can stream many of the more popular shows through the Internet. It's a pretty cool service and the shows are interrupted a couple of times with 30 second commercials. However I found an even better site because this one runs no commercials and better yet it plays shows from Showtime and HBO.

During our financial crisis last year we gave up our Dish and went to basic cable and we missed many of the really great shows on HBO, but now we can catch up. I just finished watching the first two shows of the third season of Big Love and it's a better way to watch because the shows can be viewed full screen and they can be pauses and you can scroll back or ahead.

They have shows like Oz, Big Love, Weeds, Deadwood and many many more. They don't have Flight of the Concords yet, but maybe soon I hope. Check it out and I'm sure you'll be pleased. You may get a few pop-us when you start, but just close them and you are good to go.free-tvshows.com

9 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Cool. I'll have to go check that one out. I don't get alot of teevee time these days. I spend my mornings on the puter. Reading the comics and the blogs and writing. And my evenings are spent answering email and maybe playing a game or two of Risk before bed. I get to watch teevee on fridays and saturdays when I'm off. Right now we are watching season two of "Soap" and are fixing to launch into Stephen Kings "Kingdom Hospital" and season one of the "Muppet Show". We have silly taste in shows.

6:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

Thank's for the tip.
I love weeds! The actors are great.

8:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright!! I get to catch up on "Curb your Enthusiasm".

Moose

10:07 AM  
Blogger g said...

as your resident security buff, make sure to have all of your anti-virus software running. the site is known for drive-by attacks (malware, virus, adware).

7:05 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Avast, me matey. What protection are you using?

8:37 PM  
Blogger g said...

avira, spyware terminator, superAntispyware, spyware blaster, hijack this, asquared hijack free, winpatrol, startup monitor, WOT.

i don't run spyware blaster and superAntispyware real time. the others i do.

6:53 PM  
Blogger g said...

i forgot about malwarebytes and hazardshield.

7:58 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

It's a wonder your computer runs at all with all that crap running in the background.

7:29 AM  
Blogger g said...

i know. i need to upgrade. it's a vicious circle.

7:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home