Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Off Kilter



Today (Monday) I am paying the price for staying up late last night. I intentionally stayed up so I could see all of the new season of Axmen on the History Channel. I missed the first and third shows when they aired. Just before going to bed I realized that I didn’t have a blog post ready to be posted at 4:00am. I’ve been really slacking on my blog writing lately. I’m simply uninspired, so if you wake up and find nothing new here; sorry in advance.

Going to bed that late totally threw my pre-bed rituals off. I neglected to set the dish washer. I neglected to set my coffee up which normally brews itself automatically at 5:00 am and I forgot to set my alarm clock.

Instead of waking up at 4:30 like I do on my own every morning and turn off the alarm clock before it rings, I awoke at 5:59. I went down and couldn’t find my favorite cup; it was unwashed in the dish washer. I used another cup and poured a cup from the carafe; it was cold and left over from yesterday. Everything was off, but I was showered and back on schedule by 6:30.

I think I’ll need a nap today. The fourth Axmen of the series is on tonight at 10:00 pm, but I’ll be sure to have things in order before I go to bed tonight.

10 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

Such a creature of habit you are!
Hope the day is not now entirely off-kilter for you.
Have a lovely nap!

4:22 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

This, my friend, is music to my ears. It's about time you 'shake it up' a little.

6:17 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

As I get older i realize more and more how my life has it's routines and when I throw them off, it throws me off as well. Working the evening shift gets me home a little after ten pm each night and I'm usually in bed before 11:30 or 12. If I stay up later than that I oversleep and feel "off" for the whole next day. I actually went to bed early last night, but overslept this morning and now I just can't seem to get my brain working. This bodes ill for whatever I'm going to blog about today.

8:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG, you are pretty normal and not alone out there.

9:28 AM  
Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

It's great, isn't it? Not HAVING to run the dishwasher. I set my alarm clock for 6:00 PM yesterday. That could have been disastrous, but my middle-aged body gets me up at 5:30 anyway.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man...Guy, you really know how to cut loose! What a party animal!!

Moose

4:05 PM  
Blogger g said...

i always dvr axmen and watch it the next night. that guy running the boat logging isn't quite ready for prime time. if there is a hard way in which to do something, he will find it.

TIMBER!

6:55 PM  
Blogger loopymamain06 said...

My sister steals my coffee cups, and she was here yesterday, that's why (I) didn't run my dishwasher! She's been known to take dirty cups tho' also.
loopy inna loopy world

8:29 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, gone are the days when I could stay out until 2am and wake up at 4am to go to work. I like it better this way.

Auntie, don't get used to it.

Darev, I over sleep about once a year. I would love to be able to sleep late more often, but it isn't in my make-up. That's why naps were invented.


Anon, If I am anything, it is normal.

Lori, 6PM? Damn, girl. That's slacking.

Moose, single persons such as yourself should think back to the way life was when you were married.

g, I heard that Washington DNR finned the crap out of that logger for pulling that wood without a permit. He is screwed. I feel sorry for his kid. Notice there doesn't seem to be a wife around. Who could stand him?

Loopy I should send her some of my extras.

5:36 AM  
Blogger g said...

i'm still laughing about him crashing his boat into the bridge!

DOH!

6:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home