Saturday, October 03, 2009

Donna


It isn’t often that I write about my appreciation for a blog, but there is one blogger out there that visits here that is doing a magnificent job of chronicling her life on her farm often leaving me envious because she makes it all seem so easy.

Donna at http://donna-justme.blogspot.com/ usually posts several times a day, and she doesn’t post mindless junk. He posts are thoughtful which shows me how full her life is and how passionate she is about the life she lives. She can be showing us her crops or what she just canned. She uploads videos of her horseback rides or her cows doing whatever odd thing cows will do. She writes about trips that she and her husband, Cliff take on their motorcycle. She posts photos and stories of her family history. She tastefully works Facebook, which many people can’t seem to get the knack of.

Donna is an engaging writer that has a brilliant command of the language and written word. She plays the guitar, writes and sings songs and can kill an opossum in the dark. She loves John Prine, Greenday and Iris Dement. Donna also visits many of the blogs of the people that comment here. She always has kind words and good advice.

I didn’t want to let another day go by without my saying just how much I appreciate her and the stories she shares with her enormous audience. Donna, you are simply the best and I’m proud to know you in this reality we call the internet. I wish we were neighbors.

11 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Good grief, I think I'm blushing. Thanks for the kind words.

5:11 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

The world would be lonelier and more boring without Donna and her blog in it. I am living life on a farm vicariously through her and her hubby. She was my second blogging inspiration right after you. I thought if I could find a way to make my posts anywhere near as interesting as the two of you, I might just make it. It's been a slow process, but I think I'm getting there.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

Thanks Guy...I've been reading her blog all day. :)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

I totally think Donna should build a bunch of guest houses on her property so we can all go stalk her. :-D

10:47 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

he thinks the world of you, Donna.

(i am the tasteless facebook user he is talking about)

11:55 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, I forgot to mention the tree frogs and humming birds and the hot tub. There is always something going on with you.

Darev, you're doing great. You and Donna are probably neighbors, by the way.

Tango, very cool!

Amy, like you'd ever leave Texas...

Auntie, no you are not.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Dude...I would totally leave Texas. Do you have a cottage in Ireland you'd like to rent out?

10:09 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

Darev and I have already established the fact that we're not so far away. When he comments on my blog, he shows up as "Whiteman Air Force Base", which is about 45 minutes from here. Of course, I show up as being in a town 200 miles from where I really live, so that doesn't mean a heck of a lot.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I read Donna too!!

5:04 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Amy, Sorry, Darlin I've never been there.

Donna, I hope you never meet him in a professional capacity.

Jennifer, everyone should read Donna.

5:23 AM  
Blogger Paula said...

Glad I came here to visit and caught the post about Donna except I like to call her Mosie. She is the greatest.

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home