Thursday, November 26, 2009

oBOY



I’ve been bitten again. I thought I was totally over it, but it looks like I’m not. It’s not like I ever had a real bad addiction to it, but it was something which could have detrimental to my health if I lost touch with reality.

It all started again last night. I was looking for a fog lamp fog my truck. The lens on one of my present fog lights must have been hit by a stone and there is a crack in the plastic. Once it gets some condensation in it all it takes is one drop of water to destroy the hot bulb within. Fog lamp sells at retail for around $75 dollars. I figured I check ebay, or as I call it oboy…or it could be obey…

I put in a bid on the part and went on to check out some other things I could probably use if I can get it really cheap. I bid on a USB remote handheld mouse with a laser pointer. I also bid on a PDA/GPS device. The bid was $9, though shipping was going to be around $25 it was still a good deal. I made the final bid before I went to bed and the auction was going to close just after 6 this morning. I was there waiting. Two minutes before the close someone bumped up the bid; I sat quietly. Thirty seconds to go someone bumped it up to $17. I entered $18.01 and held my finger over the submit button and with two seconds on the clock I hit send. My bid flashed for a nano-second and then was over-run by someone who submitted a $27 bid.

Needless to say, I lost the bid, but I had the excitement of the chase. I felt primitive. The other eagle got the fish. The other sperm hit the egg. I tumbled back into cyber space licking my wound, but I went back and started looking for another conquest.

5 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

There's some program people use that automatically bids at the last minute.

5:04 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

you lead a charmed life, honey.

<3

6:42 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

It's the thrill of the chase, innit? Using your reptile brain, with all of your senses highly alert, tracking down your prey and waiting for just the right moment to strike. Like some feral cyber-hamster stalking a wild acorn through the jungle. It's modern day excitement at it's best.

6:42 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

I want to know what search words you used to find that photo.

7:38 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, Ebay robot rat bastards!

Auntie, in what way? I lost the bid...

Darev, it's like gambling, except when you lose you are only out the time you invested.

Tango, I don't recall. I've had that photo in reserve for about two years now and this was the first opportunity that came up to use it.

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home