Saturday, December 05, 2009

Disease


Somehow this blog has caught the attention of the people at http://www.disease.com/ asking me to put a link to their site on the blog. I don’t have links or buttons on the blog, but I figured I’d give them a plug.

In the past I’ve written pieces on diseases that are delivered to humans by mosquitoes. I’ve written pieces on Mad Cow and the human form, CJD, Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease. I’ve written about Lyme disease and Norovirus. It scares the crap out of me when I think about how quickly disease can spread from continent to continent these days. It frightens me when I see how quickly diseased spread through the agricultural community. In the last decade I’ve seen things like soy blight, mad cow, varroa mites and Colony Collapse disorder sweep across our nation.

One problem I find with agricultural disease is that there is a lot of misinformation out there where antidotal remedies are substituted for things that may really work in prevention and treatment. These are times when a great website such as http://www.disease.com/ come in handy. Please check it out and book mark it for future reference. Use it for up to date information on what ever concerns you.

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I'll go look, but so many diseases have the same symptoms that I occasionally frighten myself. There are some things I would rather just not know.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

great link...thanks!

10:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and then there are people like Eleanor McBean...

4:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gather roses while you may........................................

3:30 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, I wonder if there is anything you can contract from a corn field?

Teri, you are a medical professional if I recall correctly.

Anon, I don't know Eleanor, but I do save the bones for Henry Jones...

Anon, Life is a disease with a very bad prognosis, it lingers on for years and inevitably ends in death.

5:48 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

The only thing you can contract from a cornfield is a messy death. Avoid them at all costs!

7:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home