Saturday, April 10, 2010

Bilocation


One major fantasy most humans have at an early age is to have a twin. Having an identical twin could be so cool until one realized that they and their twin would battle over who gets the better end of the stick.

When we are older we think about how cool it would be to have a clone that we could command to do all the things we find unpleasant. Then we come to the realization that our clone could get us into a lot of trouble. If your clone screws up, guess who will be blamed.

When one gets even older, the fantasy changes to bilocation. How convenient would it be to be two places at once. I have so much work to do at home, yet my services are needed in other locations. It would be so cool to wake up in the morning and walk into a splitting device (after breakfast, two can eat as cheaply as one if one doesn’t eat) and then off we go in our different directions.

Some say this is already possible. The device is called money and with it you can pay someone to do your bidding and you can stay home and take a nap.

7 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

If I had been twins as a child, I don't think either one of us would have survived. If I could clone myself like a xerox machine, I don't think the world would survive.

6:49 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

I don't think I ever wanted a twin, but I did used to long for a brother or sister near my age, so I'd have somebody to play with. And clone myself? NO WAY! I am not sure I'd get along well with another "me".

7:24 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

http://diane-arbus-photography.com/

3:19 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, at the very least your sister wouldn't have survived.

Donna, that reminds me of a friend that wanted to introduce me to someone saying that this other person is just like me. My reply was, "People like me don't like people like me."

6:53 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

i've always thought twins were creepy. another person who looks exactly like me? who sounds like me, and has my mannerisms? noooo thanks. i like that there's only one me... a reasonable facsimile would just piss me off. and with my luck, she'd be the slightly better looking twin... forget that!

4:47 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Dalia, and think of someone just like you competing in the same shoe store.

5:29 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

There's new research to suggest that left-handers like myself might be a surviving twin--i.e. the other twin was absorbed.

Intriguing...

12:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home