Wednesday, April 28, 2010

A Nova is Born


Yesterdays post talked about a workshop I taught at on Saturday. This workshop usually has someone from the press in attendance, but this year there was a film crew there. It was a Pacific University film project and they were filming a documentary on the industry.

The crew of three stayed and filmed two of my presentations. They attached a remote microphone to me and filmed away on two of my forty minute segments and they wrapped it up with a brief interview.

On my drive home I realized that the reason they probably stayed through two of my segments was that I have a more natural, less intrusive philosophy of the craft which is much more organic than the industry standard. I’ve made friends and enemies over talks that I’ve given and articles I’ve written, but that’s OK. I’m not going to change and I don’t expect those who manage their operations differently to change their beliefs.

I don’t know what the working title is or when it ill be released or anything about the distribution. The remainder of my 15 minutes of fame may end up on the cutting room floor, but it was fun being a star for a little while. I wonder if they filmed the hole in the ass of my pants that Critter noticed.

7 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I’m hoping they did film the hole in your pants and that a clip of the documentary ends up on YouTube!

5:04 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Wow! A real star. Are you going to have bee groupies screaming and following you everywhere just like the Beatles? (grin) Seriously, as soon as you find out anything, I'd love to see the video. Even if I don't care much for bees, I'd like to see you and maybe even learn something. Learning things is good.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

I've been on TV a few times with my cats, and it always seems a lot longer during the taping than what ends up on TV...I'm already on YouTube...demo'ing how to give a kitten a bath (and I do look 10# heavier!)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

lol....no you don't!! You look awesome!!!

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dogs I have owned have been on TV many times over the years, both for commercials and in news stories. I've never been on TV. They've both walked in the Rose parade and been on floats on numerous occasions, I've watched the parade but never been in it. I had one dog that had been to Japan, England, Ireland and Germany before he retired from his show career and I got him. I've never been to any of those countries. I guess my five minutes of fame will have to be through my critters.

8:31 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, it wasn't that big of a hole, about the size of a dime. But I'll keep you posted.

Darev, someone up there promised me a copy.

Teri, now there is a subject. I guess you have to start as kittens. I have one cat that accepts it and one that does not.

Tango, thanks, Darlin.

Anon. Often times dogs are more interesting on camera than people, but I wonder why one would want a dog to travel. I hope you were well compensated.

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The well traveled dog was a highly pedigreed show champion with some impressive titles in Europe and Japan as well as the US. He came from fantastic lineage, but when his extremely well off owner bred him the puppies he produced were mediocre to bad. She was NOT happy, but she also had his full brother who produced wonderful puppies so she "retired" and neutered the dog I ended up with. I gave a her a check for $200 which she never cashed so he was essentially free.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home