Thursday, April 22, 2010

One Thing Leads To Another


I got the email below the other day from someone new to Rust. It's really cool how an Internet search that one sends in one direction often gives one more than they could have hoped for. There is a link below and I encourage all to check it out and sample all of Dave's tunes. I think his album will be big on College Radio and that's all I listen to anymore. So Dave, I hope you see an Astoria-Rust Bump. Good luck with your release.

Dave's email to me:

hi there. I'm some stranger. I just released a record about a week ago and I entered the title in a google search tonight to see which links were presenting first, yours came up on the first page. which wasn't really that strange, given we share the word "rust". but then I noticed the Astoria part. I moved to Portland to make this record and upon its completion am now moving back to LA. recently some friends told me I couldn't leave until I saw the coast, which we just did. and then I saw your first post was about the new Kaki King record, which I was listening to for the first time since buying it yesterday. so I figured it all added up to me sending you a promo copy. and that's my story.


you can get a glimpse of the record here: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/Piekoz1


or on itunes, search "piekoz". I'm apparently too lazy to link that part right now.
but yeah, if you're interested then hit me up and I'll mail you out one. you apparently have a pretty wide stance on the beast of Music, so mayhap you enjoy this kind of thing.


take care,
dave piekos

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Hmph. I guess so many people rushed there from here that their server got overloaded. I'll try it again when the rush dies down. Nice reviews, tho.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Synchronicity!

6:08 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, you'd be surprised by how few readers there are here. Your blog has many more subscribers.

Beth, In deed!

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home