Monday, April 26, 2010

Road Hog


There are time when I am a road hog. Sure I usually drive slower than the speed limit, but I do pull over to let impatient drivers by. It gets worse when I am hauling the horse trailer. More driving caution is needed with that hulk behind me especially when I’m hauling horses.

Last year I used to make several hay runs and fill my garage and tack room with hay, but now I’ve decided that I will just load the tack room and park in the garage. So I now drive up to Birkenfeld every couple of months to get a couple months worth of hay.

It was Wednesday evening when I made my most recent trek to Birkenfeld. It is a couple of minutes over an hour long trip each way. Fortunately I made the entire trip without any traffic behind me in either direction. It was nice not having to pull over to let someone pass. It’s no fun loosing the momentum and regaining it.

I got home in a good mood, not at all stressed from the drive. I cleaned stalls, put out the feed and brought the horses in. I rounded up the chickens and collected the eggs, and then I leisurely stacked hay and parked the trailer. I got in the house for dinner before it got dark. My next hay run will be on a Wednesday evening.

4 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Making hay while the sun shines? It sounds like you had a good day. We all need some of those now and then. FYI- Critter says you have a hole in the butt of your bee suit. Better stitch that up.

6:36 AM  
Blogger Tango's Going Ons said...

LOL....that sure would be an aggravating place to get stung at.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not his bee suit, ninny, his jeans. Bee sized hole, but(pun intended) I didn't hear any yelling so the bees must not have found it.

Rust, you and my dad drive the same way. As often as possible I try to be the one who drives when we're together. I slouch down when he's driving and try to ignore everyone flipping him off as the y zoom around him. It takes him 45 minutes longer to get from his house to mine than it does me.

8:35 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Yeah, I had the corner of a pocket separating, but considering I have no ass I've got nothing to hide. By the way I ripped those pants beyond repair when I got home.

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home