Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Great Lectures


Remember how it was when you were in college and you got to hear a great lectures that influenced you or changed your life in some way. Some lecturers can make the most mundane things interesting. Even if you didn’t attend lectures in college you may have heard an inspiring motivational speaker or a gifted preacher. Some politicians are great speakers as well.

There is a really cool website that features great speakers and you can find it at ted.com. I first found this site last year when someone turned me onto Jill Bolte Taylor’s talk called “A Stroke of Insight.”

Moose directed me back there this week to a talk on sustainable aquaculture. I’ve been spending my spare time watching several talks at random and I have yet to be disappointed and I’m learning a lot from every time I tune in.

So if you are wasting time with your TV take out a half hour or so and find a topic you want to learn something about. You won’t be disappointed.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I too found this site a year or so ago... excellent!

7:10 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

Yep, TED is great...better than high school with ashtrays!

10:32 AM  
Blogger mark said...

Check out this one:

http://www.ted.com/talks/christopher_deam_restyles_the_airstream.html

We're all going to live in Airstreams!

9:42 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Anon, spread the word!

Teri, bad mouthing Community Colleges? ; )

Mark it makes sense to me.

5:23 AM  
Blogger dalia said...

TED rocks. the short bobby mcferrin piece on the brain was magical, and there was an author who spoke about making assumptions (how telling a story affects perception) that i have earmarked. i plan to spend one weekend with just me and ted in bed.

12:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home