Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Hat


My new favorite hat is Bradwood Landing hat. It came in the bag of SWAG that I got once when I visited the office. The only thing I don't like about the hat is that it is colored with the official Knappa Colors, Camouflage.


The thing I like about is is that it was made in the USA and it fits better than any other hat I have. Yes, I do think that ball caps are vulgar, but as my hair thins I can feel mist on my head and I can get sun burned on a cloudy day.


Anyway, my wife and I were sitting around the camp fire the other day. I was wearing my cap and she said to me, "Wear your hat like a douche bag!" I immediately knew exactly what she was talking about so I put it on backwards. I transformed myself into a douche bag. I needed on explanation. I knew what she meant.

It seems to me that if douche bags don't like the brim of their hats they should wear beanies.

11 Comments:

Blogger richpix said...

There must be some irony in the fact that wearing a cap backwards would keep one from getting a red neck.

4:25 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

While i do agree in general, there's occasion to wear it backwards. If you are working on something and the brim gets in the way. Or if you are grilling or burning something, the smoke gets up under the brim. Wearing a hat sideways though, is completely out of the question. Then you go from being a mere douche to being a walking pop-up target and fair game for anybody with one in the chamber.

5:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A person who wears their hat backwards is simply a redneck don't-wanna-be.

6:30 AM  
Blogger g said...

FYI - Knappa school colors are Blue and Yellow.

Brownsmedians know these things and you now have knowledge you backward camo hat wearin' douche bag.

6:48 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Rich, Irony in deed! Too funny.

Darev, get a beanie.

Anon, but you can still tell they are because of the wife beater t-shirt.

g, oh no my friend. I got this straight from Knappa residents. They weren't talking school colors, they were talking the Knappa standard uniform.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Joni said...

I still have a few caps if you ever need a replacement ;-)

10:41 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Joni, sure, I can use another. Asre they all camo?

12:47 PM  
Anonymous Joni said...

Let me look around and see what I've got....I'll email you

5:00 PM  
Blogger g said...

You hit the nail on the head. Swing in to the Knappa market on any given day and you can guarantee someone will have camo on.

6:32 PM  
Blogger dalia said...

haha! douchebag was my first thought when i saw this picture. my parents can't STAND the backward brim... my mother went so far as to tell me never date a guy who wore his hat that way.

it's one instance where i can safely say my ma was right.

5:58 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Joni, Thanks Darlin!

g, told you so...

Dalia, it will take time, but you will realize your mother is right more often than not. You know how some people have Gayday, you and I have Douchedar.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home