Tuesday, July 20, 2010

On Being A Realist


Some people would call me a pessimist, but I think I’m more often a realist. I’ve found that in life there are very few Win-Win situations. Maybe it’s because I don’t believe in God or an eternal life after death. Maybe it’s because I’ve been lied to by politicians and clergy. Maybe it’s the rampant hypocrisy that we see in the news every day. Things simply aren’t black and white. Things we believe to be white are often black and eventually turn gray in the end.

It is sad when one distrusts situations that could become magic, but that’s me and I don’t really feel bad about it. In fact it is sometimes amusing.

8 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

My motto is usually "expect the worst, that way if anything good happens, you'll be pleasantly surprised." The front part of my mind is a hard realist. The back part is a weird fantasy world that looks like M.C. Escher on psychedelics. It's a wonder I keep from exploding most days.

9:32 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

PS- I just love that pic! Wheeee!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Amy said...

Jesse? Is that you?

10:09 AM  
Anonymous Auntie said...

I believe in The Guy. Does that count?

11:26 AM  
Blogger mark said...

Thomas Kincade will probably come after you with copyright hellhounds for posting that very funny pic; but in any case it's good to know that cynicism hasn't eroded your sense of humor.

9:36 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, Keep away from the corn fields and you'll be fine.

Amy, so that's why you read my posts, I remind you of your husband. Cool.

Auntie, You can believe that The Guy may take a month off from writing soon.

MArk, sometimes I write a post and search for an illustration, but this post came about because of this picture.

5:24 AM  
Blogger Teri and her Stylish Adventure Cats said...

picture made me snort, good think I wasn't drinking a soda at the time!

7:44 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I'd like to Kinkadeize that vision.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home