Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Sometimes It's Dog Eat Dog


If you follow my comments on Facebook, I recently blamed someone that I turned on to my hay source last year for taking all the hay in the field. When I arrived there after an hour and fifteen minute drive I found only 8 bales waiting for me. It was hardly a cost effective trip. However that is the way it goes in agriculture. Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

The other day a neighbor came over with an offer for me. He had several cedar trees milled a couple years ago. He’s getting the wood ready to be used so he planed them offering me all the shavings. I hauled out six large garbage sacks of shavings. It is easily enough to last me several months.

Last week I ate the bear and this week the bear ate me.

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

I never really realized that bear poop was so recyclable! Hee hee hee!

Last night I was driving to work and all of the sudden I was surrounded by this wonderful smell blowing in through the windows. The I realized that the semi trailer in front of me was full of cedar chips. The trailer had a big mesh gate in the back and the chips were blowing around and some of the smaller ones were getting loose on the road. Wonderful! If nothing else, that bit of highway will smell better for a day or two..

8:38 AM  
Blogger g said...

No good deed goes unpunished.

6:48 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, it takes ;longer to break down than pine, but does smell better.

g, maybe it is me that is getting punished.

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home