Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's Not This Bad, Yet


A few years back a friend was telling me she wanted to paint the trim on her house white. I advised against it stating that she should paint it green because in this climate white paint turns green in little time. She took my advice.

This rule should also go for horse trailers. I have a white horse trailer that turns green over the winter. It would be OK to have a white trailer if I could store it out of the rain, but my under cover space is limited.

So yesterday I got out the ladder and began scrubbing. Sever hours later I had a white horse trailer again, but now the color that bothers me is the rust that was under all the green. There is little doubt you’ll be hearing of the exploits of the body work and painting that will soon ensue. I need to get on it before it starts looking like the one in the photo above.

Another thing I thought after the fact of was the product, 30 seconds outdoor cleaner. I wonder if that would have made the job easier.

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

Cliff thinks they make most horse trailers as cheaply as they possibly can; they all start rusting as soon as people get them home. Those all-aluminum ones would be the exception, of course.

4:12 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I think I'm just going to go ahead and paint everything I own rust brown and mold green just to get ahead of the game.

7:32 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Donna, we bought this one with some rust on it. We've had it for five years now and it's just getting to the point where something needs to be done.

Darev, now there's a plan.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home