Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Dark Side


I wonder how anyone can possibly stay focused. There are so many dimensions to everything, and I wonder how people can fixate on one thing never admitting to themselves that there is more than what meets the eye. I liken it to when people thought the world was flat. How could these people never wonder what was on the bottom of the flat earth? Did they think there was no other side?

Being contrary by nature I find great joy in exposing the dark side, or the light side of things that often go unobserved. It's always there and you can't really understand what you are looking at or interacting with until you view it in its entirety. So sunshine and lollipops and also be seen as a major cause of skin cancer and a possible cause of diabetes and dental decay. Yin and Yang are fixed together through eternity. You can't have one without the other.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna. W said...

This sort of goes along with my wondering how people can ever be so sure of any theory without even admitting to the possibility that they could be wrong. I am never 100% sure of anything, unless it's something like night is dark and day is light. And I'm even willing to be admit that I could be wrong about that!

5:33 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

It always boggles me when I run into the people with mental blinders on. I cannot comprehend how they can be content to see only down that narrow lane and nothing along the sides. My mind naturally wanders all over the place without my supervision. Not always with the best results, but it never gets boring in there. "Why shouldn't we keep the cows upstairs? They're bloody well in the way down here, so why not?" Seemed like a good idea at the time.. What is it like under there? What happens if we poke it with a stick? Oops. Okay. We shouldn't do that. Somebody fetch the hose!

6:11 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Walt said...

Now I'm wondering: What DID they think was on the other side?

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some thought that Earth floated on a vast ocean and some floating in the air like the other discs in the sky.

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home