Wednesday, March 30, 2011

New Opinion Generator


It is said that even a broken clock is right twice a day. That is the way I look at the opinion pieces I've written over the years. Once in a while some of my opinions have hit the mark with different groups.

Anyway I have, or this blog has a Facebook account and a good cross section of the readers here have friended me there. I don't post many original things there, just junk I find on the net when I'm in the mood. I rarely ever check that Facebook page.

So the other day I get a notice that a new Facebook entity wants to friend me. It is an entity called Clatsop Voices. I accept the invitation suspecting who is behind it, just to see where it goes. A couple days later I notice the growing friend list has the distinct complexion of conservatism, so I post on their wall:

"Who or what entity generates or maintains this site?"

Their reply:

Clatsop Voices The purpose of this site is to give an opportunity to those who value the concept and mobilization of community, a forum of sharing information about improving the sense of community here, and all that brings. We will see what happens as it unfolds! It has no affiliation with any entity. Clatsop Voices looks forward to hearing what you think about community, thanks for posting!

The phrasing of that reply told me exactly who wrote it. They may want to unfriend me right now because I'm planning to have some fun with their wall in the near future. It's never a safe idea to think that I am conservative or progressive. It's not safe to try to convince me that by putting out a perception of an even playing field or sudden acceptance of objectivity is in the future of politics here. I see through it. The nature of politics is opposition. Always was and always will be. As the motives may seem altruistic on the surface they are sure to be political motives in reality. You can wear that sheepskin all you want, but that doesn't change the rage and the heart that beats beneath. Let it go...

11 Comments:

Blogger qandlequeen said...

Is that an evil glint I see in your eyes????

5:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog post, your perception, is different than mine...letting go happened some time ago, building community rather than tearing it down, noticing people doing good things, brings good energy...as long as I have a breath left I will do my best to make this a better place...everything doesn't have to be seen as an us verses them scenario..just perspective, and LOL after all I been through it takes alot more than you sharing what you think to unfriend you! Looking forward to you contributing if you choose to! Make it a great day, mine are getting better all the time! Kinda cool that you wrote a little story about it...P.S. I wouldn't read your blog as much as I do if you thought exactly like me...wouldn't that be boring?

6:47 AM  
Anonymous Uncle Walt said...

DANG!

Here I thought you had found something like a Magic-8-Ball that would generate opinions for those without one.

6:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty agressive she beast on that thar' dragon!

7:14 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Release the Kraken!!!!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL at Rev.

Or was he talking about the woman and NOT the beast being the Krakken?

10:36 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

QQ, it can even be seen in the Midwest ; )

Anon, Kumbaya...

Walt, it's an 8 ball all right.

I have no idea about the last three comments, but Darev, that was funny. I don't know why, but it was. Titans indeed.

9:07 PM  
Blogger g said...

The true motive clatsop voices is mind control and making sure you join organized religon, vote for extreme right wing republicans, and accept the doctrine.

Cmon Guy, REALLY?

7:04 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

g, being you are a conservative christian republican and a former politician I wouldn't expect you to see my point.

9:06 PM  
Blogger g said...

Hope I don't get Rohne's switcharoo disease. A slough separates our property and I'm afraid he's been drinking from it.

BTW, I think you are missing the point. The point of Clatsop voices is to voice about our extreme displeasure with the wingnuts that call themselves county commissioners.

You know, those people in the very scary video. lol

6:30 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

g,Exactly! but it's so passive aggressive that all that shines through is the sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorns. I could respect a site that was against all the crap going on and said so directly.

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home