Sunday, September 11, 2011

Hot Hot Hot


I think that living in Oregon has ruined my ability to adapt to climates. I moved here from New Jersey 22 years ago. Back east we just lived with extremes and never though much about it unless you didn't have air-conditioning in your bedroom at night.

I recall coming home from work and it being 95 degrees with +90% humidity. I just hop on my bicycle and go for a 30 mile ride. Every thing after that felt a lot cooler.

The other day it was really hot here, uncomfortably so for me. I got into my truck and looked at the thermometer and it said 70 degrees. Those of you reading in other parts of the country must think I'm insane, but 70 is too hot for me. I like it cool enough so I can wear a flannel shirt all day.

I'm ready for this summer to be over.

7 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

When it starts getting down to 70 during the day here I start bringing a coat to work. I suspect if I ever get to go back home again I will probably freeze to death.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous gearhead said...

This heat is almost bad enough to drive a guy to wear Burken-thongs. :-0
Almost......

9:33 AM  
Blogger Nulaanne said...

Guy, I am dying in the heat, and I am north of you. I can't wait until it is 45F again. Woohoo fall get here soon.

8:37 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, What month do you get out the long underwear?

Gearhead, Birks are out, Keens are in. You'll see in November.

Nulaanne, It will be here next week. I predict frost by the end of the month.

5:01 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

I'll probably break out my long sleeves by the end of October and be wearing thermals by mid November at the latest. Maybe sooner. Winter tends to come suddenly around here.

My veri word- "rustr" Someone who follows your blog. "I'm a rustr!"

7:06 AM  
Blogger Barry Warne said...

love the northwest

1:34 PM  
Blogger Guy said...

Me, too.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home