Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Zucchini Bread 2011


Every year I post about making zucchini bread. I had a marathon session yesterday turning out 12 loaves. This year We got a new food processor since the shredding blade broke on my 20+ year old La Machine and the cost of a new one was nearly as much as a new machine. Also we got a new mixer earlier this year which is better than the hand held mixer I've used in years past. Good equipment makes the task much easier.

Later this week I'll bake another 12 loaves and I'll be set for another year.

For those of you who are playing along at home; here again is the recipe I use.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
ΒΌ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup walnuts or pecans
1/2 cup chocolate chips (Added after five to 8 minutes in the oven)

Beat eggs until frothy. Add next three ingredients. Beat until thick and lemon colored. Add remaining ingredients and mix completely. Bake in 2 oiled and floured loaf pans or a bunt pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack.

6 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

At least zucchini is good for something. Due to my rather picky ways, that's the only way I'll eat it.

6:44 AM  
Blogger mark said...

I love zucchini; even going so far as to buy it in the store before ours are ready to pick.

7:24 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, try this, slice it up put it in a pan with olive oil, sprinkly parm cheese, toss into a 350 oven until cheese is melted and golden.

Mark, we grow it as well, though the plant can be problematic in our climate. Calcium usually fixes any problems.

6:18 AM  
Blogger JustRex said...

You know, there's a reason they made August 8th "Sneak some zucchini onto your neighbors porch night". It's to get rid of that stuff.

7:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I made some....it was soooo good...Thanks...The best ever!

9:14 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Anon, It is the best ever. Don't know why, but it is consistently the best.

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home