Saturday, August 20, 2011

My Eye


It's happening again. About a month ago I started having trouble with my left eye again. Things look blurry and blue which makes which makes it difficult to read and track line by line. Depth perception is difficult to the point where it is often easier to see if I close my left eye.

The condition is called Central Serous Retinopathy, which has no known cause though the suspected cause is stress. Oddly it is rare that I stress over anything.

There is a laser treatment, but it offers a 10% chance of complications. I am going to see if it resolves itself rather than risk surgery at this time. Last time it too about six months to get better on its own, which was two years ago.

So to my friends, If you see me and I don't see you, I'm not being a douche, I just don't see you.

5 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Jeez. Been having troubles with mine again off and on as well. This getting old business really sucks. There oughta be a law against it...

6:09 AM  
Anonymous gearhead said...

Oh Goody!
Does this mean we can set down and eat sandwiches once again without you getting all grossed out?

9:15 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, death is the only alternative.

Gearhead, as long as you keep the lip smacking down to a minimum. My hearing is nearly perfect.

10:48 AM  
Blogger weese said...

I have had this... two or hmm three times now.
my most recent had them worried about a detached retina. but - it was fine and cleared up eventually as it will.
tho - it can be bothersome to deal with.

7:07 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Weese, keep an eye on it (pun intended). It never gets totally better and it is apt to happen again without treatment. The worse part is losing the depth perception.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home