Wednesday, February 01, 2012

My Vote


Being an unaffiliated voter I am the target of both Republicans and Democrats who want to sway me to vote for their candidates. If you are in the party leadership I think you should know that I throw all of your mail away without reading it (as does everyone else) and I keep track of who phoned me most often and every phone call I get on behalf of a candidate makes me less likely to vote for them. Rob Cornilles' campaign bothered me with 7 calls, one of which was a robo call from a former commissioner, who I saw recently and asked if he had lost his mind...

Look, I don't care what your campaign people tell you but a lawn sign has never convinced me to vote for someone. A direct mail campaign has never changed my mind and most of all phone calls make me run in another direction. I find it ironic that a candidate that wants less government intrusion feels free to intrude in my life via the telephone.

Trust me, I know what you stand for and against. I know what you said in your debates. I read the voter pamphlet. If you want to impress me don't waste money on lawn signs, mailings surveys and phone banks. Take your campaign funds and donate them to a food bank or to a non profit clinic or to schools in your district. This would tell voters that your heart is really in the causes you believe in and getting elected will be a benefit of your charity.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

You go on, honey!
Last time I got a call from some jackass trying to get me to vote for him, I sat there and 'listened' to the spiel and then at the end, he said "So can I count on your vote?" I said "I'm sorry.....98% of what you said, I heard in the Charlie Brown teacher voice." He was quiet for a minute and said "Ok...thank you, ma'am."

(WV = defctor. ROFLMAO)

11:47 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Amy, more fun is when you are called for a survey. I told them that I am a professional consultant and if they want my opinion they will first need to send me a check.

4:15 PM  
Blogger JustRex said...

Ooo..... I'll have to remember that one.

6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home