Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Quotes From Gary Bell of Alphas

There is a show on the Syfy Channel called Alphas.  Unfortunately the second season just ended, but you can see the first season on Netflix.  The show is about a group of people with heightened abilities above that which normal humans possess. The show is sometimes hokey, but always well written and imaginative.

One character on the show is Gary Bell, portrayed by actor Ryan Cartwright, is an autistic man in his 20's who's special ability is being able to see data in the thin air that is broadcast over wifi and G4 data streams.

Since this character is autistic he also has the ability to speak his mind without filters; sharing his own form of logic like Mr. Spock, but without all the condescension.  Here are my favorite Gary quotes from the show:
 
“I don’t think you can get catharsis from words on a rock”
“I was gonna walk back to the office but Google maps said it would take 3 hours and 18 minutes. I’m not built for that.

“No, hearts don’t really break.  They can stop and they can leak, but they can’t really break.  It gets tired and gives up after a while.

“I made that. With a label maker. We don’t have any “Top Secret” stickers so I made 200 of them.”
“F-R-E-A-K-N. That’s not a word.”

“It’s a no star hotel. There’s only one review. It says, ‘Don’t stay here.”
No, I’ll kill you first. I get up at 7:42.

“ He calls her baby which is weird, because they're the same age.”
“It’s all gone.  There’s no wi-fi, there’s no 4G.  Everything’s gone!”

I like humus. It’s all one color and it’s soft.”
It’s ok to joke because he didn’t die

“ Yeah, it was the government.. They killed him. That's what they do they're jerk-asses.. Dr. Rosen, I told you I tried to warn you.. When they stole my pudding.”
“There are bruises in my hair”

“My inside voice is too quiet!”
“No, I do lie. I've been practicing, cause it's a social skill. Like the other day, when I said I was going to have a pudding pop I was lying, because I don't like pudding pops. That was a lie, I do like pudding pops.”

“I don’t like horses; they look confused.”
“Yeah. I've been at it all day and I've found bupkis. That means nothing. It's like zilch. I've found zilch.”

“Rachel, what's wrong? Oh, you look like one of the faces from my expressions chart - j-joyless.”

3 Comments:

Blogger JustRex said...

Most of that stuff sounds like something that would come out of my mouth.

9:31 AM  
Blogger ErinFromIowa said...

Caught my interest. I am going to give this show a try on Netflix.

10:32 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Darev, but he's autistic and you're a smart ass...

Erin, please report back.

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home