Wednesday, July 26, 2006

From the Mail Bag



It's time I reply to some of the stuff in my mail bag:

Alan wrote wondering what exactly I have against Richard(Dick)Lee and Jeffers Gardens. Here is a photo that shows just how much he improved that nice little pasture he owns. at Miles Crossing. The neighbors must be so pleased.
Next, Syd enjoyed Chief Condomhead, so here is a better photo for you. He's no Uniroyal Girl, she's definitely a babe, but this is all we have here to compare. Please note the reservoir tip.

Now I didn't get any mail over this photo, but the first I saw this sign I said to myself "WTF?" and I had to turn around to see that it didn't say what I thought it said. Anyway, it's on Alt 101 by a logging company workshop, and it actually has to do with sustainable logging, which I guess this logger doesn't support.


So dear readers, keep those emails coming and I will do my best to uncover more mysteries of Dried Salmon County.

4 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

Whoah! That sign!! LOL

And well, you know I love the condomhead. We're SO mature.

7:06 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

We all need a hobby, don't we.

Also the sign is pronounced C-Units. I know that ruins it, but hey.

7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is on my property and it has nothing to do with sustainable forestry. It's what Weyerhaeuser calls a measurement of usable wood fiber in a log. As I have asked around no one knows the formula as to how they derive that number. In the past this has been one of the ways they pay us for transporting their logs....and the loggers for logging. It seems to work to their (Weyco) advantage as we don't know how to figure how many cunits are on our loads.

9:39 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thanks for the correction. Back when I ran this photo I looked it up, and being one with a short attention span I found something that talked about C-units and sustanaibility, but I now see you are correct. I did find this link with a C-unit calculator. Maybe you can derive some sort of formula from this link. C-Units

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home