Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Sharing Entertainment


A few years ago, a neighbor couple invited us over for dinner, and they kept telling us about this DVD that we had to watch with them after dinner. They promised it would be the funniest stuff we’ve ever seen.

OK, I though, knowing their pedestrian taste for beer from a can, the situation of us watching a DVD they recommended would probably far funnier than the DVD itself.

I’ll cut to the chase, it was that vulgar (not in the good way) fat hillbilly cable guy who kept shouting “Git R Done”, which probably means something in Hillbilly, but to my ears was a total non-squinter from one fecal void to another. We watched and occasionally glanced to one another wondering if there were really people out there that were so stupid and they found this stuff funny.

Well and good, we survived, but the following week we got to have our revenge. We invited them over for dinner and to view something. OK, we are well seasoned with wise-ass, but we figured we’d raise their viewing to a different level. We thought about showing them My Dinner with Andre, but they would have been asleep as soon as Wally got out of the cab. We decided on something we recorded from HBO.

All were settled and I hit play and on came, “The Vagina Monologues”, or as I call it "Vag-Mo."

Their reaction during those long 90 minutes would best be described as watching children eat lima beans (I’ve been told the official food of the anti-Christ.) Needless to say, this couple doesn’t invite us around any more.

3 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

hahahaha HA! HA! Excellent!

7:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. I'm not a big fan of poop and fart jokes myself. It's unfortunate that the couple didn't see the point of the monologues though. Sigh. I guess all it takes is an open mind.

9:01 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

If not, more comedy will happen.

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home