Friday, July 21, 2006

Good Luck with Pot Luck



Pot-Lucks are disgusting. I'm really surprized that people don't end up in the hospital more often.

For me this pot-luck phoebia started a few years ago when this woman would bring in baked goods to this place where I was working. There was no doubt that she was a gifted baker. I probably packed on some weight because of her good baking. BUT, one day I happened to see this woman sitting in her car. As I walked by I noticed that not only did she have four cats living in her car, but the back seat was an open litter box. She transported all her baked goods in this infested automobile. I could only imagine what her kitchen looked like. I later heard it was worse than her car.

That was it for me. I will no longer eat anything that comes from a kitchen I can't see. I have even asked to see the kitchens in restauraunts before I order. Pot-lucks are no longer acceptable to me.

The next time you go to a pot luck look at the people who brought items, then think of what their kitchens look like.

Once you get food poisoning, your life will change for ever. And you folks who eat raw oysters...have you lost your freaking minds? Why not try Fugu. It's all a throw of the dice.

4 Comments:

Blogger Syd said...

I'm with you on the pot lucks. I'm afraid of most buffets too. But with the raw oysters... dude, some things are just worth the risk.

11:40 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Syd, I've read every word of your blog and I know what a risk taker you are. Do you eat wild mushrooms and fugu as well? Is it too late to be included in your will? And no, I don't want the clear flexable tubing... ; )

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uh Oh we have a NannyStater!

I would eat potluck food way before some of the crap that comes in those neat little packages and loaded with hormones and preservatives.

3:22 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

OK, where do you think the pot luck people are getting their ingrediants from? You can bet there is a lot of Kraft and Hormel oozing through out it all. By they way, guess what Jello is made from?

What is a Nanny Stater? That sounds like a good one!

3:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home