Friday, August 10, 2007

The Content


Some readers of this blog never comment here. I’ll run into them and they will tell me that they’ve been reading and they share their comments with me in person.

Recently one reader asked me how I come up with the stuff I write about, and I pointed at my head and said, “There a circus up there.” It was a bit of a boastful statement which I now regret saying. I gave it some more thought and realized it wasn’t a circus at all. I just have thoughts that come to me just like anyone else.

If you visit with someone and have a normal conversation you will touch on several topics. Each one of those topics can be spun into a blog article. That’s what I do. I just think about whatever I’m thinking about and then I turn those thought into an article.

I would love to be able to crank out an article with vast depths and impact every day, but that isn’t possible, at least for me it isn't. So, I’ll take what ever idea I have that I’m thinking about and write about it. Any one can do this. How many interesting things have you thought about in the last hour?

6 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

I hear ya! That's what I do. Slice-of-life is what I dig...listening to the experiences of others. You do it well.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Thanks again for your daily articles, Guy. I now DO know how you do it, but I still am in awe of you posting daily. As you may have noticed I have slowed down a bit. But as usual, your article today has inspired me.

6:35 AM  
Blogger Donna. W said...

If I waited for something interesting to write about, I wouldn't have a blog! I lead an uneventful life. But people from different walks of life enjoy seeing my simple activities chronicled, so I continue to average from two to four entries a day (that's on two separate blogs).

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guy,
I read your blog everyday, it's great.
Thank you for "sticking up for Tyran"
Scott sounds like a complete idiot.
Talk about useless blogs, Scott's blog should be outlawed, they are as shallow as he is. Throw in Mcgee's and we have two shallow blogs in Astoria. Your blog and all of the other are interesting, fun, positive and a pleasure to read.

9:48 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

I think having a blog makes you think a little bit more purposely, if that's a word. I've just started carrying a little notebook with me to jot down the miscellaneous thoughts I have in the day, as they are easy to forget, and could make good blog banter. There have been times when I've been overwhelmed by "I could blog about that!" thoughts, but now I realize it's just how I go about my day, ladee dadee dah, and sometimes I write about it.

Keep that circus goin' Guy: it's a good one. :)

10:09 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Thank you all. I wasn't fishing for compliments, really. I think blogging is like Seinfeld, a show about nothing. We take the hidden mundane and show it for all it's glory.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home