Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Testing


I’ve never enjoyed tests no matter what the nature of the test is. I go through life with a self assured attitude and I really dislike it when I have to qualify something by denoting my perception.

It’s not that I’m not a good test taker, I’m very good and I never cram or even study. I figure if I know it, it will be there. If not, it won’t.

I’ve had a lifetime of academic tests and I honestly hope to never have one again. I have nothing to prove in academia. However now I subject myself to quarterly H–A1C tests, daily glucose testing, and then there is the annual eye exam. To me all these tests are more bothersome than any academic tests, though I realize deep down that what is simply is what it is.

I was anxious at an eye exam recently. Sometimes I just can’t tell which better, the first or second. Sometimes one and two both look bad for different reasons, yet I am force to choose. Sometimes flipping back and forth and I just say “Screw it” and I pick one. It’s not like I’m ever going to pass an eye exam.

After a half hour of different exams my eye doctor told me that my eyes are the same as they were last year and my vision hasn’t gotten worse nor has my macular degeneration.

I guess that’s the best I can hope for in passing any test these days.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Purity Test..... Need I say more?

Love,
Anon

6:50 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

Ah,the aging process. I think I prefer all those old academic tests.
Glad to hear your eye test went well.
I had mine last week. I hate that, "Is this better? Or is this better?" routine.
Quit flicking back and forth so fast! Let me SEE it!

I either "guessed' wrong or actually did it right. Need a new prescription. Damn.

7:32 AM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Guy, I feel for you. Insulin every 2-4 hours 24/7 plus 150units long acting every night. Got lucky being Indian, the weird form I have is a varient common only among Native American peoples. Congrats on the eye test. Ya must be doing something right:)

12:15 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Love Anon, it's memories like yours that prevents me from ever running for public office.

Don't feel bad, Beth. My Doc finally has me talked into bi-focals.

Mike, I've been taking Ocuvite. It's a vitimin eye formula. Made by Bosch & Lomb. Maybe it works. Do you know any natives that are sticking to a native diet?

12:39 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Yep, me. Hot dogs, pizza,ale, and single malt Scotch only. hehehe No native diet left around here, too much other stuff that tastes better.(plus TV influence)

2:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I guess it's about time for my eye exam, as well. But instead of annually, I just go when my current pair of glasses are too scratched up. lol.

And that "which is better", when the difference is hard to tell ... hate it, also. I think they do it as an annoying joke, personally.

5:36 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Purity test - HA - Love Anon, thats a good one. Still laughing........

6:30 PM  
Blogger Syd said...

Guy, are you diabetic? And is this something I already knew?

Damn! I may need some vitamins for memory. Or I guess I could cut down on the red wine. (ugh)

8:54 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Syd, dont cut down on the red wine - its a food staple for me.

10:13 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Mike, the white man screwed up another race, but you did get us back with tobacco.

Walt, good point. Optomitrists don't get to have a lot of laughs in their practice, so they could be messing with us.

Syd, I've only mentioned it here once before, but yep. Not insulin dependent though.

Auntie, I'll have to find the purity test for you to take. That would be interesting.

6:25 AM  
Blogger richpix said...

"This is a test of the Emergency Broadcast System. This is only a test. Had there been an actual emergency..." you would have been instructed to bend over and kiss your ass goodbye...

Sorry, my mind works in strange ways sometimes. ;-)

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home