Saturday, July 28, 2007

Zucchini Bread


This is the time of year when I make tons of zucchini bread. I freeze them and use when necessary. These zucchini breads are the best I've ever had, and I always get asked for the recipe, so here it is for all of you who want to bring the best the next time you are required to bring a snack or desert.

Zucchini Bread

3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla
2 cups grated zucchini
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
ΒΌ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup walnuts or pecans or chocolate

Beat eggs until frothy. Add next three ingredients. Beat until thick and lemon colored. Add remaining ingredients and mix completely. Bake in 2 oiled and floured loaf pans or a bunt pan for 1 hour at 350 degrees. Let cool for 10 minutes before inverting onto a rack.

8 Comments:

Blogger Beth said...

I copied the recipe. The "1 cup of chocolate" bit was the clincher.

6:24 AM  
Blogger Elleda Wilson said...

Think I'm going to have to rustle up some zucchini and try this ... thanks, Guy.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Forget that. When can I pick mine up, Captain Guy Crocker ?

8:33 AM  
Blogger RobbKidd said...

I still haven't recovered from the Zucchini Bread/Cake my mother made for my whole childhood. Thanks for the reminder on how to make it.

8:42 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Beth, chocolate works as well as the nuts, try both.

Astorianna, there should be some at a reasonable price at Sunday Market across from the popcorn people.

Auntie, you evidently missed a point.

Robb, this one is much better than the one your mother makes, trust me, I've had them both. It's really odd, but this one isn't overpowered by any one ingredient, and it is simply the best. I've lined it up with others before and this recipe always wins.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Undercover Mother said...

Ooooh! I remember zucchini bread! Maybe you could bring some to karaoke!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Mom, evidently you missed the point too. He doesnt want to make it for us. And dont forget he wont do karaoke and he doesn't do potlucks either!!!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Mike S said...

Thanks, we love zucchini bread, added to recipe collection. Every year we have loadsa free zucchini, and I've never grown one ever.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home