Saturday, September 29, 2007

Up Late


I’m an early riser, hence I am usually an early faller as well. Gearhead constantly bitches me out for not staying up and drinking beer with him when ever we find ourselves at a conference together. He wants to howl at the Moon and by 8pm I’m winding down.

Anyway, I started a project at 8pm last Saturday. I knew it would take a while to complete, but I was running out of time to get this project done. I worked on it and worked on it until 2:00AM when I finally finished. It reminded me of the old days when I’d stay up writing all night. This was back in the days when I had no responsibilities during the day. Those days are long gone.

One thing that got me through the night was KMUN. Their Saturday night programming is out of this world. DJ Kaino amazed me with ever set he’d play and the After Midnight show continued with more of the best stuff in recorded history.

I had such a good time listening and working away that I may even consider making Saturday nights my night to work on projects, at least the ones that don’t require a table saw and a planer.

Thanks KMUN.

9 Comments:

Blogger Auntie said...

I am still in shock that you managed to stay up that late ! And you are right DJ K-No rocks.
You need to treat yourself to Saturday night up late it appears.

Have a good one tonight.

5:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sounds like a plan. Even though I am an early to bed/early to rise kind of person too I find that the odd really late night gets my creative juices flowing...but as soon as I schedule it it's gone.

6:14 AM  
Blogger Beth said...

And so how are you feeling today?
Is a nap in the cards?
Bed at 7:00?

6:47 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Auntie, it is K-No, Kaino is a lawyer.

Trish, if only I enjoyed the taste of alcohol I could get really creative.

Beth, that was last Saturday, and I have recovered from it. I even posted last Sundays blog at 2am because I knew I wouldn't be up at 5 to post. I slept until 7 and had to take a nap that afternoon. I really miss being in my 20s.

7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know who DJ K-No is don't you ? Krist Novoselic.

12:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always reserve the wee hours of radio for KGO am 810.
There you can really catch the far far far leftys point of view.
Ray Taliafaro is so far left that it's off the chart.
Dr. Bill Wattenberg is a breath of fresh air on weekend nights from 11 - 1 am
Otherwise all of my radios are superglued to FOX, fair and ballanced.

1:03 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

I didn't know that Anon. Very cool. He's a better DJ than a pilot. Sorry Krist, I couldn't resist...

Funny thing I was reminded of was when my mother-in-law saw a photo I had here of Nirvana, she asked it that was a photo of Larry, Daryl and his other brother Daryl from Newhart. Too funny, Sorry again Krist... I really do dig your show and all the cool things you do in the community.

And if you think that Gearhead is just yanking our cranks, he's telling the truth.

11:11 PM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Guy - I stayed up a bit late and listened to the show last night. It was brilliant ! Hope you were listening too.

11:03 AM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

No, I'm back in my old rut.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home