Thursday, December 27, 2007

Then and Now


Recent posts and comments got me thinking about who I am now as compared to who I was thirty years ago. If you’ve never met me but are a regular reader you are pretty well clued in on my general nature and demeanor. Isn’t that right (people who know me)?

However a few of you readers may remember me back 30 years ago. OK, I’ll fess up to the rest of you. Here are some things I used to do back then:

I wore yoga pants in public.
I wore yoga shirts, too.
I sometimes wore man clogs.
I kept a guitar in my car at all times.
I had a perm, twice.
I bought philosophy and poetry books.
I had a rainbow sticker on my car.
I hung out with friends.
I owned guns.
I only wrote with fountain pens.
I had nice coordinated clothing that I purchased from Macys.
I wore suspenders.
I wanted to work in Advertising.
I generally ate out three meals a day.
I would drive into New York City every Sunday.
I had a radio show.
I had a record collection of about 3000 albums.
I did a lot of flying.

I’ll let you know if I remember or am reminded of anything else, but as I look at this list there is nothing there that I currently do or care for. So time does change some things. I’m not ashamed of who I was back then, but I think of it as more of a stepping stone to who I am now. I’d be curious to read this post thirty years from now.

8 Comments:

Blogger Me. Here. Right now. said...

T h irty years ago, I knew everything. Now, my 17 year old son does.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here is a item from from your list, 30 years from now:

"Didn't ride motorcycles.(can you believe it???)"

9:13 AM  
Blogger LeLo said...

You continue to amaze me, Guy. Love this list.

9:16 AM  
Blogger Auntie said...

Guy - funny enough I can picture you doing everything on your list. I guess I know you that well now. However, you lie a bit when you say you are going to look back in another 30 years.

Your self prescribed expiration date (and I hope you are wrong about this) is much closer than that.

10:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh No!



I feel so sorry for you Guy.

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn Guy...there's a spot at Tart's link for vomit too. Damn. Damn..

4:19 PM  
Blogger richpix said...

Aack! Mars Attacks!

Guy, I never did any of the things you did 30 years ago except hang out with friends. Today I don't mind buying a philosophy or poetry book, but back then I would have worried what my friends would think. Today I don't care what they think, and if what I read bothers them they probably aren't my friends any more.

4:55 PM  
Blogger The Guy Who Writes This said...

Lori, how soon we forget what we think we know...

Gearhead, mini bikes 40 years ago. Does that count?

Lelo, how about one from you ; )

Auntie, that's correct, I only expect to 66 since I had my mid-life crisis at 33.

TH, what's up with that? I saw they were on my site last night.

Moosehead, it was you that did this to me, eh?

Rich, Not you, too?

5:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home